Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stereotypes about black/mixed women question for you Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    its not self hatred, cos white girls are hotter
    /thread
    I don't know if you're judging all black girls by the looks of your mother/sister/aunt. There are many beautiful black girls.

(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    id let you know that i only type like this in forums, id also let you know that depending on my results id be going to either brighton or bath to study accountancy and finance
    Who cares? I wouldn't dream of butchering the English language that way anywhere. You want to write like you're ghetto, but at the same time tear black girls down for acting ghetto? A bit of a double standard. All I'm saying is that black women on a whole are more successful than black men, so the fact that you only ever find loud, annoying black women makes one wonder about you. I guess that is all you want to see. If you didn't have such a complex about your own colour, you'd find plenty of reserved, well-educated black women. It's black women who can't find black men of the same social standing, partly because they excel so much more often than the men and partly because the black men who do excel are chasing white girls.

I'd also like to add that this is mainly a British or European problem. In America, most educated black men have no problem dating and marrying their own women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starhove)
    same here i just dont get why most of them act like
    i was once told that im not black enough coz im the complete opposite to the stereotype.
    i get this a lot too and frankly it really annoys me black girls are always put into this narrow minded stereotype which generally is not pleasant and then when you don't fit into it people act surprised. People generally called me white. But the really nasty ones (fellow black girls who I thought were my friends) went as far as to call me a bounty! You can probably work out what they meant by that

Again as some one said earlier there are differences in every race and more often than not this stereotype is untrue.

Well at least I hope it is... I guess it depends on who you associate yourself with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corallie13)
    Its a shame its always the loud, aggressive and rude black girls that get spoken about. The educated, sophisticated and refined ones get very little recognition.
    EXACTLY!

ReputationRep:
    I have little to no experience with black people. I have black neighbours and they are the most polite and friendly people in my area. I also had a friend who was black who was a total ***** and constantly called me racist because I didn't find the rappers she found attractive particularly appealing.

I don't see how a black woman could be any more feisty/demanding than a white woman unless she had other personality traits which showed her in a negative light compared to a particular white woman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelafrodisiac)
    i get this a lot too and frankly it really annoys me black girls are always put into this narrow minded stereotype which generally is not pleasant and then when you don't fit into it people act surprised. People generally called me white. But the really nasty ones (fellow black girls who I thought were my friends) went as far as to call me a bounty! You can probably work out what they meant by that

Again as some one said earlier there are differences in every race and more often than not this stereotype is untrue.

Well at least I hope it is... I guess it depends on who you associate yourself with.
    If you don't mind me asking, what is a bounty? I've saw it on a lot of posts and I have no clue what it means. I always think about the chocolate bar, but I think that's a bit wrong?

ReputationRep:
    personality is not dictated by your skin colour, but it can have an adverse effect in channeling what type of person you are. ie, through social experiences and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    I don't know if you're judging all black girls by the looks of your mother/sister/aunt. There are many beautiful black girls.

Who cares? I wouldn't dream of butchering the English language that way anywhere. You want to write like you're ghetto, but at the same time tear black girls down for acting ghetto? A bit of a double standard. All I'm saying is that black women on a whole are more successful than black men, so the fact that you only ever find loud, annoying black women makes one wonder about you. I guess that is all you want to see. If you didn't have such a complex about your own colour, you'd find plenty of reserved, well-educated black women. It's black women who can't find black men of the same social standing, partly because they excel so much more often than the men and partly because the black men who do excel are chasing white girls.

I'd also like to add that this is mainly a British or European problem. In America, most educated black men have no problem dating and marrying their own women.
    how do i write ghetto, i mean this is how everybody talks on msn, instead of using formal language we try to shorten it as much as possible same with texting, nothing ghetto. Also so far all the black girls that ive met are all the same, especially on the bus, i no that not all black girls are like that apart from my sister, who will graduate from Nottingham next year, also most of these girls that i talk about are from the carribean, especially jamaica, im mostly interested in white goth girls or cute oriental girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    If you don't mind me asking, what is a bounty? I've saw it on a lot of posts and I have no clue what it means. I always think about the chocolate bar, but I think that's a bit wrong?
    bounty means black on the outside white in the inside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)

wtf u talkin about, jeese, just admit that there are more white attractive women than blacks, jeeze...nowadays u see so much more black men with white girls, and the other way round is rare so gtfo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    that's terrible and disgusting,i hate it when black girls act like this (im black btw lol) because then that silly streotyping comes round that all black girls are rude,vicious,bad mannered and big-mouthed
    yeah i feel exactly the same way!
    its amazingly irritating because people then assume all black females are loudmouthed, rude and ill mannered but were not, people are different for example im black but im one of the most polite (at least i hope so!) people you could meet, i was raised that way.

ReputationRep:
    Brown on the outside (the chocolate), white on the inside (the coconut bit).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    bounty means black on the outside white in the inside
    Oh right. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelafrodisiac)

i get this aswell! =( it really hurts just because i dont listen to grime or hip hop im instanly labelled a bounty! ive learnt to get over it the hard way standing out is sometimes better than fitting in =p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    No I suppose I mean I find more mystery and intrigue between me and black/Asian girls than white girls. And if they find more intrigue in a white guy, why is that, is it a way he responds or what? Is it his attitude to hers, is it a thing of gaining from each others differences etc...what's the turn on as opposed to a guy of your own ethnicity, thats what I mean to ask black women--psychologically and physically, sensually...
    I dont know about other black women but for me its a confidence thing.

I think a white guy going out with a black girl shows alot of confidence, which im sorry to say alot of black guys lack. I mean we've seen it on this thread people calling black women 'ugly' , 'aggresive' etc.

Yet by going out with a black woman whose perceived to be 'least attractive of all women' hes saying I dont give a crap what other people think I like this woman and im going to do what I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    Brown on the outside (the chocolate), white on the inside (the coconut bit).
    Thank you! I was right in the chocolate bar assumption then. Bit harsh to be fair, although just because you're not adhering to general black stereotypes doesn't make it acting white not to lol.

ReputationRep:
    There may be more attractive white girls in an area than black girls but there are a lot of beautiful black girls around. I must admit some of the black girls i know are loud and rude but i'm nothing like that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Thanks
    nouvelle vague you seem gothic yhhhhhh my type of girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Firstly not many white women go for black men in reality. Those that do, it's usually because of the whole "bad boy, aggressor" image rather than good looks.

Lastly, black women are generally ugly and alot of black guys themselves have commented on this. So if black guys themselves do not find them attractive, why would a white guy?

Ask a black guy, which race he finds most hot. If he answers honestly he will say white/asian/latina, not black.
    Thanks Coralli13 for getting here before me.

Bloody coward,I'm sooooooo happy you don't have the nerve to disclose your personality.Shame on you, and Im sure you will be damn anon in real life as well because against all odds the world has finally moved beyond imb*c*les like you,and the only way you can rant and howl is on the pages of TSR and the internet generally.Why can't you go back into the womb so that you could be re-born in the 16th century, so that you can have the priviledge that your worthless and ignorant ancestors had.

People are beautiful generally cos that is the way we are made by God,but as long as black women like Beyonce Knowles,Naomi Campbell,Keri Hilson,Venus and Serena Williams etc exist,you'll always remain sad and deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corallie13)
    I dont know about other black women but for me its a confidence thing.

I think a white guy going out with a black girl shows alot of confidence, which im sorry to say alot of black guys lack. I mean we've seen it on this thread people calling black women 'ugly' , 'aggresive' etc.

Yet by going out with a black woman whose perceived to be 'least attractive of all women' hes saying I dont give a crap what other people think I like this woman and im going to do what I want.
    lmao at black guys lackin confidence, are u serious ? even on TSR there are multiple thread praisin and admirin black guys confidence especially when it comes to women

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I was right in the chocolate bar assumption then. Bit harsh to be fair, although just because you're not adhering to general black stereotypes doesn't make it acting white not to lol.
    Yeah I don't think I've been called that (to my face anyway) but I have had some white 'friends' who have asked me why I don't act more 'street'. My answer is usually wtf are you talking about lol.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.