Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stereotypes about black/mixed women question for you Watch

(Original post by vortex_199)
    The only thing it proves to me is that black men have a lot more self-hatred in themselves than black women. You've got to mingle with the superior race, don't you? Water down those hideous, black genes. Right?

I agree with the poster above. You aren't going to see beauty when you're intent on denying its existence every moment of yours. I suspect that is why you don't see any beautiful black women anywhere ever.
    Actually the reason why most black guys are with white girls (im black btw) is that there just sooo much easier to get nearly all the time obviously this is a generalisation, as a black guy ive found white just so submissive which isnt actually a good thing because its boring. I dont think it has much to do with looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I'm a black girl and I don't fit the stereotype.

:ditto:

(Original post by flowermaster91)
    that's terrible and disgusting,i hate it when black girls act like this (im black btw lol) because then that silly streotyping comes round that all black girls are rude,vicious,bad mannered and big-mouthed
    :ditto:
    this too. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    LOL...my situation was back in the day when I was at a school near Cambridge. It would say that 95% of the pupils there were white. Some probably hadn't been in close contact with balck people before and went with some of the stereotypes you see on TV.
    Haha, exactly. Same goes for everything I suppose. We're all told to hate terrorism and are given the media's interpretation of terror, therefore you've got gangs of white men parading round in white tops hating anyone of Muslim background.

It makes me wonder though, why people would choose to adhere to the stereotypes given to them by the media, specifically if the stereotypes given only assist in fuelling racist beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    your pic seems interesting thats why i concluded you might be either goth or emo, u still look very attractive with black hair
    Shouldn't jump to conclusions I'm neither, thankfully. I don't really fit any of the modern stereotypes given to white girls who like rock music.

And my hair is brown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    The only thing it proves to me is that black men have a lot more self-hatred in themselves than black women. You've got to mingle with the superior race, don't you? Water down those hideous, black genes. Right?

I agree with the poster above. You aren't going to see beauty when you're intent on denying its existence every moment of yours. I suspect that is why you don't see any beautiful black women anywhere ever.
    u mad ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    yeah if you live in holywood or somethin
    nope.
    London'll do just fine thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not offended. Stereotypes are there for a reason but let me reassure you, the stereotype of black women wearing the trousers in relationships can be explained purely because black girls are taught to be strong independent females. Not to depend on men etc.
    So it comes across as being rather masculine. In comparison to white females, they come across as more dependent & vulnerable therefore, black males are drawn to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *agridulce*)
    nope.
    London'll do just fine thanks.
    ure confusing black africans and mixed race..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    Shouldn't jump to conclusions I'm neither, thankfully. I don't really fit any of the modern stereotypes given to white girls who like rock music.

And my hair is brown
    Ok calm down you seem very defensive and judging from your pic your hair looked black, ive alot of goth girl friends thats all, it sounds like you have a problem with goths and emo

ReputationRep:
    ure confusing black africans and mixed race..
    no...

ReputationRep:
    u mad ?
    Since that's the only response you can muster, I'll have to ask you the same thing.

(Original post by corallie13)
    You know what you're probably right.

But, any black man that says a black woman is ugly is talking about his mother, sister, auntie etc. Following on from that this means he's probably ugly too.
    I have said that to their face but they still stand strong. And no I wouldn't call these few guys ugly, they actually have brought home some really hot white girls, some in proper relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Ok calm down you seem very defensive and judging from your pic your hair looked black, ive alot of goth girl friends thats all, it sounds like you have a problem with goths and emo
    Haha, no my annoyance or defensiveness had nothing to do with you at all. Nor did it have anything to do with me having a problem with people who like goth/emo music.

I don't really like the idea of stereotyping people based on their musical preferences. Firstl, because I have many different musical tastes spanning very diverse genres and think it's pathetic that this notion of stereotyping is perpetuated throughout society in order to horde us into groups which we can't

I think it's quite sad to stereotype people based on their musical preferences. I have many different musical tastes from very diverse genres, and I think it's wrong that this idea of stereotyping is perpetuated throughout society in order to horde us into little groups.

I can just as easy to go to a club that plays Machine Head, Slipknot, Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Slayer, Disturbed and enjoy myself, have a dance and know the words to the songs, as I can going to a club that plays 70s disco music or an RnB club or a dance/indie/whateverr club. My annoyance thus, as I said, isn't at you, but at the idea that people stereotype based on music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    Haha, no my annoyance or defensiveness had nothing to do with you at all. Nor did it have anything to do with me having a problem with people who like goth/emo music.

I don't really like the idea of stereotyping people based on their musical preferences. Firstl, because I have many different musical tastes spanning very diverse genres and think it's pathetic that this notion of stereotyping is perpetuated throughout society in order to horde us into groups which we can't

I think it's quite sad to stereotype people based on their musical preferences. I have many different musical tastes from very diverse genres, and I think it's wrong that this idea of stereotyping is perpetuated throughout society in order to horde us into little groups.

I can just as easy to go to a club that plays Machine Head, Slipknot, Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Slayer, Disturbed and enjoy myself, have a dance and know the words to the songs, as I can going to a club that plays 70s disco music or an RnB club or a dance/indie/whateverr club. My annoyance thus, as I said, isn't at you, but at the idea that people stereotype based on music.
    Glad to know your not aiming any of this at me, well im also annoyed because i listen to gothic rock and gothic metal (within temptation) and people go on about me being black, i mean i used to listen to rap but it got boring with the usual sex, girls, money, ideology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Firstly not many white women go for black men in reality. Those that do, it's usually because of the whole "bad boy, aggressor" image rather than good looks.

Lastly, black women are generally ugly and alot of black guys themselves have commented on this. So if black guys themselves do not find them attractive, why would a white guy?

Ask a black guy, which race he finds most hot. If he answers honestly he will say white/asian/latina, not black.
    This is bull ****..... Honestly I'm attracted to every race, but I prefer black girls and find them very hot.

(Original post by chevman)
    Thanks Coralli13 for getting here before me.

Bloody coward,I'm sooooooo happy you don't have the nerve to disclose your personality.Shame on you, and Im sure you will be damn anon in real life as well because against all odds the world has finally moved beyond imb*c*les like you,and the only way you can rant and howl is on the pages of TSR and the internet generally.Why can't you go back into the womb so that you could be re-born in the 16th century, so that you can have the priviledge that your worthless and ignorant ancestors had.

People are beautiful generally cos that is the way we are made by God,but as long as black women like Beyonce Knowles,Naomi Campbell,Keri Hilson,Venus and Serena Williams etc exist,you'll always remain sad and deluded.
    Beyonce is mixed race so it doesn't count. venus and serena are pure dogs but yeah Naomi Campbell and Keri Hilson are ok! That doesn't prove anything though, a minority few. :rolleyes: Look at beauty magazines and models, they cater for their clients and it's usually a white or asian face.

And oh yeah, I am white BUT i never said that all black girls are ugly. those are my black mates! Yes that's right! They come home with some really hot white girls, I appreciate their honesty.

They even say if you ask any black guy which race is hottest, black will not be the top one in most of them, kudos to them for being honest, that's why we get along. Nobody likes pretenders. I have no problem admitting to them that black people are overall genetically stronger due to more muscle. I guess you're in a state of denial hence have a chip on your block.

Do a survey and ask black guys! Who do you prefer in bed overall, white/asian/latina/black. In a majority black will be rock bottom.

Good day.

why do people always used example of white washed black women, i never see any black women even remotely as hot as beyonce/kerry etc...stop dreamin
    exactly! they pick a couple (one is mixed race too) to show that all black women are just as beautiful lol.

Fact is walk through your town, you will very rarely come across a hot black girl, but so many hot white/asian girls.

ReputationRep:
    cowards post anon, if you can post im sure you can leave your name

ReputationRep:
    im a black girl and im not any of those things

ReputationRep:
    lol its VERY RARE that i see mixed race guys and girls that associate more with white culture than black, very rare, also mixed girls i know like black guys...

Im a mixed race girl and live in a mostly white area, and iv only mixed with a few black/asian people in my life. So i actually prefer white guys, seeing as iv not met many black or mixed race guys.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.