Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone know restaurants and hotels where I can apply online watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Preferably ones that are most likely to take me on without any experience in hospitality.

ReputationRep:
    Beefeater & Brewers Fayre.
    To call those restaurants may be quite generous though..

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    The Hilton and Greggs take online apps.

ReputationRep:
    wagamama, Yo sushi, Harrods,
    caffe nero for London opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    I worked in a hotel for nearly 2 years and started with no experience and ended up experienced in bar, reception and housekeeping.

However, with all my experience in hotel work I can't get a hotel job. Applied and was interviewed for a new hotel opening in town said I can work any hours any days any department, interview was great the women even gave me a high 5 (I was shocked at this too) yet I have never heard back from them.

For hotel work if you can I'd reccommend getting the yellow pages out and ringing up hotels, ask to speak to HR if they have, if not ask if they have any jobs going. If you don't want to do that go round to hotels ask to speak to duty manager hand in your CV.

I know applying online places might be easier but in times like these a friendly face and a cv may be a good idea, showing your keen to get a job.

I loved working in the hotel and if I could go back tomorrow I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    Beefeater & Brewers Fayre.
    They only take management applications online, you have to go into the restaurants to apply for team member positions.

Try Marriot hotels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    They only take management applications online, you have to go into the restaurants to apply for team member positions.

Try Marriot hotels.
    I've just applied. They were waiting staff positions for one of their hotels on the outskirts of my city, I didn't know Marriott even had a hotel here.

Have you ever worked for Marriot? I've only got 4 months retail experience, so my chances are slim but I suppose its better than nothing.

Thanks anyway, I've added to your rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyril*Sneer)
    I worked in a hotel for nearly 2 years and started with no experience and ended up experienced in bar, reception and housekeeping.

However, with all my experience in hotel work I can't get a hotel job. Applied and was interviewed for a new hotel opening in town said I can work any hours any days any department, interview was great the women even gave me a high 5 (I was shocked at this too) yet I have never heard back from them.

For hotel work if you can I'd reccommend getting the yellow pages out and ringing up hotels, ask to speak to HR if they have, if not ask if they have any jobs going. If you don't want to do that go round to hotels ask to speak to duty manager hand in your CV.

I know applying online places might be easier but in times like these a friendly face and a cv may be a good idea, showing your keen to get a job.

I loved working in the hotel and if I could go back tomorrow I would.
    Thanks I'll try ringing up, I can't really go in because money for transportation is an issue.

What hotel did you work for? Was it a chain like the Hilton?

ReputationRep:
    Have you noticed on the Hilton careers site all the people are Oriental? It's an American company right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creepy Thin Man)
    I've just applied. They were waiting staff positions for one of their hotels on the outskirts of my city, I didn't know Marriott even had a hotel here.

Have you ever worked for Marriot? I've only got 4 months retail experience, so my chances are slim but I suppose its better than nothing.

Thanks anyway, I've added to your rep.
    Thank you No, I've applied for a position with them though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    The Hilton and Greggs take online apps.
    On the Greggs one, you can only fill in your personal details and then fill out an application form, print it off and send it to your local restaurant.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.