Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I love cars so much and dream one day of owning my own supercar. I love the Lamborghini Gallardo, sat in one at Top Gear Live last year at the MPH motorshow and knew this is what i wanted haha:p:

I was thinking, my uncle has just ordered a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder brand-new and was thinking, if i had the money could i go in and order one even though i passed my test only 7 weeks ago or is there an age limit like renting cars?

Please don't mention insurance, pretend i got a quote from somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Some companies prefer you to be over 21 and have more than 7 weeks on your license xD

http://www.signaturecarhire.co.uk/CD...al-Rental.aspx

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm another 7.5 years to wait until im 25/149 weeks until i've had my license 3 years.

I don't like that company...

(Original post by ScottD)
    I love cars so much and dream one day of owning my own supercar. I love the Lamborghini Gallardo, sat in one at Top Gear Live last year at the MPH motorshow and knew this is what i wanted haha:p:

I was thinking, my uncle has just ordered a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder brand-new and was thinking, if i had the money could i go in and order one even though i passed my test only 7 weeks ago or is there an age limit like renting cars?

Please don't mention insurance, pretend i got a quote from somewhere
    nope, no age limit in general - there are stories of a son of a russian oligarch getting a veyron delivered to his school when he was 17. However, KTM won't sell an X-Bow to anyone under 21...

ReputationRep:
    Why not see if you can get insurance for your uncles car for a little bit, would be rather expensive and hard to come by though but probably possible.

ReputationRep:
    course you can order one as long as you have the money but why ignore insurance lol, insurance would either be sky high or none existent. Doesn't matter if you had the money or not for the car if you can't find insurance

ReputationRep:
    Make your own.
    That's what i'm doing.

One day i'll have the only MGB in the country capable of running a 9 seccond standing quater.

Either that, or die trying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orichalon)
    nope, no age limit in general - there are stories of a son of a russian oligarch getting a veyron delivered to his school when he was 17.
    I'm pretty sure that's false because:
    a) The Veyron hadn't yet been made when the so-called oligarchs were 17
    b) The so-called oligarchs were not oligarchs when they were 17, they were still under communism.

(Original post by HJV)
    I'm pretty sure that's false because:
    a) The Veyron hadn't yet been made when the so-called oligarchs were 17
    b) The so-called oligarchs were not oligarchs when they were 17, they were still under communism.
    key word here: *SON*

and it might well be fake, it's just a rumour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Make your own.
    That's what i'm doing.

One day i'll have the only MGB in the country capable of running a 9 seccond standing quater.

Either that, or die trying!
    so thats your master plan, it would be much easier to just get a Merc or BMW engine and turbo charge it. youd be there in no time

ReputationRep:
    edit: my bad!! lol you want to own one??! my God

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to own a supercar! I think Ferrari has an age limit for some of their cars, not sure. To be honest I'm not really a fan of the Gallardo, I'd rather get a few year old Murcielago for around the same price. Mind you, if I was to pick a supercar, it wouldn't be a lamborghini. I'd probably pick the Pagani Zonda, having seen it parked on the road at night...it just looks scary, absolutely love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    so thats your master plan, it would be much easier to just get a Merc or BMW engine and turbo charge it. youd be there in no time
    Nah. Love the products of Abingdon too much to change sides now.

So, I'll stick with the soul of abingdon with the heart of a Chevy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    I'd love to own a supercar! I think Ferrari has an age limit for some of their cars, not sure. To be honest I'm not really a fan of the Gallardo, I'd rather get a few year old Murcielago for around the same price. Mind you, if I was to pick a supercar, it wouldn't be a lamborghini. I'd probably pick the Pagani Zonda, having seen it parked on the road at night...it just looks scary, absolutely love it!
    Haha i do love them too but, at the MPH i sat in one of them and my arse was reshaped, not the most comfortable car to be in at 200mph:p: I could never own a Gumpert Apollo, my legs hit the steering wheel and the seat can't be adjusted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orichalon)
    key word here: *SON*

and it might well be fake, it's just a rumour
    Ah, didn't see that.

Well it's probably just the same dosage of bull**** in the story anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.