Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What sexual fetish would you not put up with in a partner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayB124)
    rape fantasy stuff. I know it's one of the more popular female fantasies.
    I would disagree with this. I don't think the rape fantasy is very common, it's something most people wouldn't even think of let alone do because the idea of rape is horrific. There is a difference between wanting to be dominated and wanting to take it a step further with 'fake rape.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)

I just have a "thing" with rape and anything approaching it. My problem.
    Personal( not that you have to answer) or like me just hatred of it, which watching Law & Order: special victims unit really doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I would disagree with this. I don't think the rape fantasy is very common, it's something most people wouldn't even think of let alone do because the idea of rape is horrific. There is a difference between wanting to be dominated and wanting to take it a step further with 'fake rape.'
    I've not conducted my own research on the topic but going on what I have read in Cosmo when they do their silly polls on things and I remember reading something in The Mirror (not the most reliable source in the world) that concluded the same.

To add to this many of my less prudish friend have admitted to liking the idea.

Of course the people who write into these things and a few drunken girls is hardly gospel.

ReputationRep:
    I express personal dislike for something I'm like tarring the entirety of humanity with my moral approbation.
    Well, not the entirety of humanity, but you are tarring everyone who is into BDSM (which is a lot of people, it's a very common sexual kink) when you say, "I don't see how you can see someone/yourself as fully human and at the same time want to dominate or be dominated". That's not so much an expression of personal dislike, but a judgement.

ReputationRep:
    anything to do with bodily excretions are NO NO. i'd try most other things

ReputationRep:
    Not really, that doesn't mean I think BDSM is morally wrong... I just don't understand the mindset. I was just explaining why I am not into BDSM, not saying that no one should be. Sigh.
    You don't see why saying that "I don't know how they could see themselves as fully human" isn't a judgemental thing to say? That's got nothing to do with why YOU aren't into BDSM, it's making a judgement about people who are.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how anyone could be turned on by poo or piss anyway. Freaks!

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't give a **** about people who are into BDSM. They can do what they want.

It has everything to do with why I'm not into BDSM, because it relates to my view of violence and domination. I'm sure it's perfectly possible to see oneself as fully human and be into BDSM. But it doesn't compute with my worldview. Happily in my worldview I can be utterly flummoxed by things and be perfectly okay with other people doing them. When I say I don't see how you can see yourself/someone else as fully human etc, I mean that were I in that situation, I would feel dehumanised. Yes I generalised that view, but then what's wrong with that? All that does is say that if I were anyone else I'd feel the same way - that is that I can't put myself into anyone else's shoes on this particular issue.

Now are you going somewhere with this? Would you like me to apologise? I am perfectly sorry if I have offended anyone with my remarks.
    Maybe instead of being outraged about how someone else has interpreted your views, you could think about how you were putting them across.

Nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't horribly offensive, and I wasn't horribly offended. I said it was a judgemental comment, the way it came across to me, it was a judgemental comment. Clearly that wasn't how it was meant, but it was how it read. You didn't need to apologise at all, but I don't know why you got so exasperated at my post. I suppose it doesn't particularly matter though, and I don't want to drag it on.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone arguing? this is the TSR fapthread :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    I definitely consider myself fully human but I like light bdsm (no whips and chains and latex). I did used to feel kind of guilty about it but reading this article: http://www.yourtango.com/20086525/ca...-spanking.html helped me get over that. It is just sex, and liking being dominated by my boyfriend in bed does not mean I would let him dominate me in any other area of our relationship, and him liking to be a bit rough doesn't mean he really wants to properly harm me.
    That's a really good point actually. How did you tell your bf you were into that sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    That's a really good point actually. How did you tell your bf you were into that sort of thing?
    I dunno, kind of gradually. At the start I just asked for it "harder" a lot, and told him I really liked it from behind. If he ever grabbed me a bit roughly or something after I told him I really liked it when he did that. He got the hint and started being a bit rough more often, and he really likes it too. As we got closer eventually we got to the stage where we can just talk about what we like and dislike without it being weird at all, and go shopping for toys etc.

We don't have rough sex all the time, sometimes I like nice romantic sex as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    Well, not the entirety of humanity, but you are tarring everyone who is into BDSM (which is a lot of people, it's a very common sexual kink) when you say, "I don't see how you can see someone/yourself as fully human and at the same time want to dominate or be dominated". That's not so much an expression of personal dislike, but a judgement.
    Just because he doesn't see something doesn't mean that it can't be seen. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    He got the hint and started being a bit rough more often, and he really likes it too. We don't have rough sex all the time, sometimes I like nice romantic sex as well.
    Makes sense really. :yep: Its good to have that balance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Just because he doesn't see something doesn't mean that it can't be seen. :ninja:
    well, yes, I suppose..

ReputationRep:
    Anything to do with dead people, scat, pee is a definite NO! Also I'm not sure I could do blood letting, or BDSM really...that just freaks me tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Poo/pee/children/animals/torture = NO.

Light BDSM = yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Poo/pee/children/animals/torture = NO.

Light BDSM = yes.
    What's this 'light' bdsm stuff? just rough sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    What's this 'light' bdsm stuff? just rough sex?
    Spanking, bondage, light pain, domination/submission, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Most of these:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1505/fetishkp8.gif

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.