Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I know this might sound really gay, but I need to start doing some work for S2 and C3 as I'm doing them in Jan (with a bio exam) and I'm not exactly a Maths genius. We had a whole year for S1, just to put things in perspective.

Basically, our dumbass teacher, decided not to give us any books so I wondering if anyone has any resources which I could learn concepts regarding the first few chapters of those two units. Not exam papers though, because I haven't learnt them yet. Resources such as websites, or what would be even better is an online version of the new Heinemann book somehow? I've checked the thread on TSR but the S2 and C3 aren't on there. I have also gone through google books.

Thanks

Edit- I did find a version of C3 with bits chopped off buts its not in PDF format. So I need to be online to view it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Buy the books.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Buy the books.
    This. Or find them in a library and borrow them. There arne't really many alternatives if you want to closely follow the A-level syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    There's some good C3 stuff here ( http://www.mathsrevision.net/alevel/pure/ )
    http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/A-Lev...l/C3/index.php
    http://www.s-cool.co.uk/alevel/maths.html
    http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk/students.php/mathematics/
    The C3 stuff isn't separated in the first and last two ones, so I'll imagine you'll need to check the spec to see what you need to know

EDIT: **** it, it's better to just get the books from the library

ReputationRep:
    I had to do S2 by myself - I found http://www.amazon.co.uk/Statistics-v...8712773&sr=8-2 quite helpful. If you can get hold of this, then do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Buy the books.
    I'm not going to buy the books because

1) I don't live in the U.K. I don't think we get those books here. So I would have to wait for shipping.
    2) I only need them for one month. When I get back from my holiday, the school will give us books.
    3)I don't specifically want Heinemann books, just something that will teach me C3 or S2, a site like MyMaths.co.uk. However, they haven't got those up yet.

ReputationRep:
    gutted
    we did s1 without any text books atall! just looking at exam papers each lesson and the teacher telling us how to do them and we made notes, just find exam papers, which soloutions and see if you can learn by yourself. :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TylerDurden)
    I'm not going to buy the books because

1) I don't live in the U.K. I don't think we get those books here. So I would have to wait for shipping.
    2) I only need them for one month. When I get back from my holiday, the school will give us books.
    3)I don't specifically want Heinemann books, just something that will teach me C3 or S2, a site like MyMaths.co.uk. However, they haven't got those up yet.
    I don't understand. If you only need them for one month, sell them after one month. You still need them. Very few websites will provide good, complete and free notes, because they could make a hell of a lot of money just by publishing them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.