Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

7 weeks til uni...am I gonna find a job anywhere?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    the title says it all really. I seem to have been looking for a job forever. Right now i'm really not bothered what the job is as long as i've got a bit of money saved for uni. Is anywhere gonna take me on for 7 weeks though, especially if they know i'll be leaving to go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, i think chances of getting jobs are pretty slim at the moment anyway, so companies are less likely to take you for a permanent position because you wont be there for long, but you can always just try joining a job centre or something and looking for temp jobs to try and earn some money.

ReputationRep:
    You can alway apply for a permenant job and the hand you notice in saying you dont like it. I wouldt advercate this as your likely to get a bad refrence in future but desperate times call for desperate messures

ReputationRep:
    TBH, I think you're doomed like the rest of us

ReputationRep:
    God this is my situation too. And I'm trying to clear a hefty overdraft too, so it's not like I'll actually get to save money/buy anything new I will just be getting myself a little further out of debt. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've only got 5 weeks until Uni! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Try your city council.

ReputationRep:
    seems like i'm not the only one then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Screw it.. loan loan loan

ReputationRep:
    go and sign on like the rest of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    Screw it.. loan loan loan
    my loan's gonna leave me with about £40 a week after rent :o:

ReputationRep:
    A supermarket near me has just decided it wants seasonal staff, and my mum knows most of the management that work in there, so fingers [and toes and arms and legs] crossed.
    I really just want some money set aside to reassure myself when i start uni.

ReputationRep:
    Apply for jobs a week or two before you get there to start when you arrive.
    When everyone turns up its going to be a mad rush with thousands of people trying to get one so getting ahead of the game gives you a massive advantage

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've been looking since Feb. Nothing. I'm now signing on - good times =|

ReputationRep:
    Sign On!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    my loan's gonna leave me with about £40 a week after rent :o:
    Catered or Self-catered?

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking for a job forever and now I have given up. Guess it's a Student Credit Card for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    Catered or Self-catered?
    self catered. its gonna be asda smartprice all the way for me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    I've been looking for a job forever and now I have given up. Guess it's a Student Credit Card for me
    I've just activated my student credit card. So tempted to use it right now but its strictly 'for emergencies' :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    self catered. its gonna be asda smartprice all the way for me haha
    Haha good luck with that!

Might have to ration the social life.. and look for a job at uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.