Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

7 weeks til uni...am I gonna find a job anywhere?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    Haha good luck with that!

Might have to ration the social life.. and look for a job at uni?
    Its gonna be tough but i'm already looking for jobs for when i'm at uni so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    You can alway apply for a permenant job and the hand you notice in saying you dont like it. I wouldt advercate this as your likely to get a bad refrence in future but desperate times call for desperate messures
    It's actually illegal to write negative references so the only danger would be not getting a reference at all.

ReputationRep:
    yeah u might aslong as ur not picky. i always see cleaning jobs advertised and carer jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I've just activated my student credit card. So tempted to use it right now but its strictly 'for emergencies' :p:
    Me not having a job bad overdraft and having to pay rent before I get my student loans is emergency enough :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaoPaolo90)
    It's actually illegal to write negative references so the only danger would be not getting a reference at all.
    Really well i suppose you could also just not write the job down on your CV if you only doing it for the cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Really well i suppose you could also just not write the job down on your CV if you only doing it for the cash.
    Well it'd probably benefit you more to have the previous job on the CV. You'd just have to hope that they gave you a good reference, or contemplate which was less favourable to an application - a suspicious refusal from a previous employer to supply a reference or not putting the details of the job down at all.

ReputationRep:
    Mcdonalds? I just got accepted there today

ReputationRep:
    Yay!!!!!!!! I just got a job doing admin work at the royal mail. Though it is only for 2 weeks I should get about £300

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    Yay!!!!!!!! I just got a job doing admin work at the royal mail. Though it is only for 2 weeks I should get about £300
    congrats thats pretty decent for only 2 weeks, how did you get it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still trying but deep down I know it's in vain. Looks like the only money I'll have for Uni is the Job Seekers Allowance I save up.

ReputationRep:
    Well done.

And hi. Long time. :hi:

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview tomorrow. If I get it then i'll tell my employer that I'm moving to a different city.

Try looking for a job for uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    congrats thats pretty decent for only 2 weeks, how did you get it?
    through reed agency. I only found out about it today and I start tommorow. They pay about £6.60 per hr which is quite good for a student like me

(Original post by Mastermind`)
    Well done.

And hi. Long time. :hi:
    Hey you how are you doing :hello:

Besides why have you abonned me on this forum for so long :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    through reed agency. I only found out about it today and I start tommorow. They pay about £6.60 per hr which is quite good for a student like me

Hey you how are you doing :hello:

Besides why have you abonned me on this forum for so long :mad2:
    Cool as a cucumber. :cool: Yourself?

I don't see you posting around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Cool as a cucumber. :cool: Yourself?

I don't see you posting around.
    Yep Im good

Of course I post around just not the same without you though :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i dont think im gonna bother now cuz it takes like a week for them to get back to you, then like an interivew a week later then sorting out the paper work and ordering your uniform, its not really worth it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.