Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just had my offer through for Eddie Coleman 06/3/A. Its a 3 or 4 bedroom flat. Just wondering whether the Eddie Coleman court accomodation is mixed or single gender?
    I cant seem to find anything anywhere on the matter. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's mixed. But you can request if you want it to be single, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Right cheers, I should of looked into it more. I heard its quite popular with health related students and nurses? They have a different campus don't they? I'm gonna be studying at the Newton Building, right near the train station. I might be in for a bit of a walk everyday!

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's kind of near my building, I'm always in the Lady Hale building :]

There is a free bus too by the way, all you need to do is show your student ID to get on it, and it goes around all the accommodation sites and drops you off right at the station, so that could be useful for you :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_j90)
    There is a free bus too by the way, all you need to do is show your student ID to get on it, and it goes around all the accommodation sites and drops you off right at the station, so that could be useful for you :]
    yeah, you are lucky to have this service, right from outside your door too! To walk it from E.C to the train station takes me no more than about 15mins,(and Im really old!!) so its not far! I think the flats are mixed there, but really not sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    I've just had my offer through for Eddie Coleman 06/3/A. Its a 3 or 4 bedroom flat. Just wondering whether the Eddie Coleman court accomodation is mixed or single gender?
    I'm going to be living in John Lester and I'm studying civil engineering next year. The bus will be useful for us I'm sure! Anyway, back to the point, I'm sure it is mixed because I certainly didn't put down that I wanted single sex accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I hope its mixed, just makes things better doesn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robrob15)
    I hope its mixed, just makes things better doesn't it
    Its a bit of both, I know guys who were in flats with just other guys and the same with girls.

My flat was a mixed one last year, just luck of the draw I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    How the deuce did you find out your flat number? I rang up a couple of days ago and she said I'd be given my room/flat number when I turned up :hmmm:

When are you planning on moving in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheer_up_love)
    How the deuce did you find out your flat number? I rang up a couple of days ago and she said I'd be given my room/flat number when I turned up :hmmm:

When are you planning on moving in?
    That post is from last year I'm living in a house now...

However, I found out my flat number by email before I moved in, they may well have changed the system now. Still it adds to all the excitement doesn't it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.