Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK, I just got an offer of accommodation. I'm a non-UK citizen, going Queen Mary but have been assigned intercollegiate halls, Commonwealth Hall to be exact.

To be honest, I don't like it - it's £20 per night, single room, and doesn't even have a private shower! :eek:

Whereas I live right now - temporarily - in a private accommodation in London, brand new apartment building with private/free gym on the 1st floor, 24h concierge in the building and all that, £590 per month, huge double room etc.

I'm definitely not gonna go for what I've been offered, it seems to be a total rip-off. £600 per month for a single without a bathroom, in Student's Hall? Give me a break. :redface:

Does anyone know if I might get considered for another accommodation/diferent halls if I reject the offer I have been given?

I've phoned up the Intercollegiate Halls Accommodation Bureau but have been suggested to contact the QMUL Accommodation Office. Unfortunately it all was 3 minutes sharp too late, as I've phoned QMUL at 5:03 PM and they were already closed for today :rolleyes:

Will give them a bell tomorrow, but maybe in the meantime someone could tell me what my chances are to be offered something else? I really loved the Mile End campus and tbh it's been the main reason for me to apply for the student accommodation, as it was really lovely and really well priced IMO, what can I do to be reconsidered for it?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you reject what they offer you it is unlikely that you get another offer. Bare in mind that I believe the Intercoll. accomodation is catered? So that could take a large chunk out of your bill. You also get to meet students from all over the university of London.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.