Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strange blood type result.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    *Calls NHS B&T line*

ReputationRep:
    like someone said, O is recessive so if your parents carry the dominant allele which is their own blood types, plus they both carry the recessive O allele, and you need two recessive alleles for it to show up in the offspring, then if they happened to get O-O rather than AB-O or B-O then you could well have an O blood type.

I think I explained that correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Lamb)
    *Calls NHS B&T line*
    He's gone to ask his supervisor.... hahaha

ReputationRep:
    They are now getting me a call back to get me checked. The supervisor said the chance of this happening was ridiculously slim and want to double check that it's ok. Haha!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They are now getting me a call back to get me checked. The supervisor said the chance of this happening was ridiculously slim and want to double check that it's ok. Haha!
    :yes: imposible I'd say. :p:

ReputationRep:
    The guy on the phone was like "Are you SURE that those are their blood groups", my dad had his on his RAF tags and my mum had it all over her medical records that we have.

Then he was like..."Erm... are you sure they are your parents?" Haha.

He went to check with his supervisor and he came back sounding concerned, said that the chances of being blood typed wrong were slim to none but his supervisor was concerned and thinks I need to be retyped.

Actually a freak of nature!

The guy on the phone was like "Are you SURE that those are their blood groups", my dad had his on his RAF tags and my mum had it all over her medical records that we have.

Then he was like..."Erm... are you sure they are your parents?" Haha.

He went to check with his supervisor and he came back sounding concerned, said that the chances of being blood typed wrong were slim to none but his supervisor was concerned and thinks I need to be retyped.

Actually a freak of nature!
    Its impossible for the child of an AB mother to be O. Ignore the +/- of the rhesus part.
    Your mother possessed only the genes for A...and B. Not O.

Which means
    a) Your biological mother was someone else
    b) Your mother's medical record was wrong
    c) Your blood group is not O.

Common things being common, I'd have to go with b or a.
    Its unlikely to the point of enar impossible to have your grouping wrong.

Sorry pet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.