Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which networks have best signal over the campus? Are there any which don't have signal in certain areas? Specifically in Runnymede 2, since I guess everywhere outside should have signal.

ReputationRep:
    Runnymede 2 is fine diddly for Vodafone - that's all I know

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's not on purpose, but I find the SU, Crosslands (bar in Founders) and Medicine/Stumble Inn (ie all places that involve getting wasted) have poor reception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themadone)
    I'm sure it's not on purpose, but I find the SU, Crosslands (bar in Founders) and Medicine/Stumble Inn (ie all places that involve getting wasted) have poor reception.
    Stumble I can understand as it's below Medicine and Founders doesn't surprise me given how old it. Medicine's normally ok though.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm....might have to double check Medicine then - I could be basing that opinion of it from when it was Holloways. Not that they've done anything except remodel the insides...*shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    no medicine has shoddy signal sometimes as well

ReputationRep:
    What about the main campus?

ReputationRep:
    I've not noticed any problems whilst walking around outside. I've not been in the giant eyesore that Management call their home, so I don't know what the signal is like inside.

ReputationRep:
    Campus itself is fine - actually most places up here are

ReputationRep:
    I'm with t-mobile and the house I rented was rubbish signal-wise for me, though my housemates (not with t-mobile) didn't have any problems. Outside the house there were no problems Aside from that I think most of campus is fine, except for the bars and SU as people have mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people from a number of networks had problems getting signal if you live on one of the lower floors/in the corridors of Wedderburn (you have to be right by the window) I suspect that other halls might suffer from the same problem. O2 worked well for me last year and, bar what I just said about lower floors, I had signal all over campus.

ReputationRep:
    on O2 outside is fine, but as far as I know all of the "new halls" (williamson tuke butler gowar wedderburn) all have pretty terrible signal. in my bedroom on the top floor I didn't get more than 3/5 bars and no 3g, and on the bottom floor you nearly have to sit on the windowsill to have a conversation. Stumble has no signal and medicine very little, SU was fine for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.