Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which networks have best signal over the campus? Are there any which don't have signal in certain areas? Specifically in Runnymede 2, since I guess everywhere outside should have signal.

ReputationRep:
    Runnymede 2 is fine diddly for Vodafone - that's all I know

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's not on purpose, but I find the SU, Crosslands (bar in Founders) and Medicine/Stumble Inn (ie all places that involve getting wasted) have poor reception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themadone)
    I'm sure it's not on purpose, but I find the SU, Crosslands (bar in Founders) and Medicine/Stumble Inn (ie all places that involve getting wasted) have poor reception.
    Stumble I can understand as it's below Medicine and Founders doesn't surprise me given how old it. Medicine's normally ok though.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm....might have to double check Medicine then - I could be basing that opinion of it from when it was Holloways. Not that they've done anything except remodel the insides...*shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    no medicine has shoddy signal sometimes as well

ReputationRep:
    What about the main campus?

ReputationRep:
    I've not noticed any problems whilst walking around outside. I've not been in the giant eyesore that Management call their home, so I don't know what the signal is like inside.

ReputationRep:
    Campus itself is fine - actually most places up here are

ReputationRep:
    I'm with t-mobile and the house I rented was rubbish signal-wise for me, though my housemates (not with t-mobile) didn't have any problems. Outside the house there were no problems Aside from that I think most of campus is fine, except for the bars and SU as people have mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people from a number of networks had problems getting signal if you live on one of the lower floors/in the corridors of Wedderburn (you have to be right by the window) I suspect that other halls might suffer from the same problem. O2 worked well for me last year and, bar what I just said about lower floors, I had signal all over campus.

ReputationRep:
    on O2 outside is fine, but as far as I know all of the "new halls" (williamson tuke butler gowar wedderburn) all have pretty terrible signal. in my bedroom on the top floor I didn't get more than 3/5 bars and no 3g, and on the bottom floor you nearly have to sit on the windowsill to have a conversation. Stumble has no signal and medicine very little, SU was fine for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 1, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.