The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Question about clearing/adjustment

Long story short, I originally decided not to apply for Manchester as my grades wouldn't have been satisfactory at BCC. However, with lots of resits and hard work, it's likely that I could achieve AAB-ABB and I have decided to try to get into Manchester and take the course I was originally interested in.

Sooooo, just a few questions :wink:

(1) Should I apply via Clearing or Adjustment?

AND......!

(2) If they dont accept me, will I still have a place at my firm choice, or will I be left university-less?! :eek3: haha :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Regarding question one, you only enter Clearing if you failed to be given a university place, or if you failed to meet your grades and can't take up your firm or insurance.
If you did have a university place but exceeded the offer, then you can go via Adjustment.

Therefore regarding question two, you would therefore only need to approach Manc if you exceeded your existing offer. And if Manc don't accept you, I imagine you would still have your firm, though I can't answer this bit with complete certainty- it might be best to ring up UCAS.

Either way, best of luck, and hopefully I'll see you (at Manc!) in september! :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Thank you for clearing that up! I was really confused :biggrin:

I'm so nervous about the whole thing. I've really set my sights on going and I could be setting myself up for huge disappointment, I really don't want to go anywhere else! Eeeeek.
Reply 3
hebe001
Regarding question one, you only enter Clearing if you failed to be given a university place, or if you failed to meet your grades and can't take up your firm or insurance.
If you did have a university place but exceeded the offer, then you can go via Adjustment.

Therefore regarding question two, you would therefore only need to approach Manc if you exceeded your existing offer. And if Manc don't accept you, I imagine you would still have your firm, though I can't answer this bit with complete certainty- it might be best to ring up UCAS.

Either way, best of luck, and hopefully I'll see you (at Manc!) in september! :smile:

Can you go through clearing if you decline your Insurance because you've decided you dont want to go there?
Reply 4
(Bear in mind, all my answers are subject to UCAS policy updates...)

As far as I was aware, once you confirmed your firm and insurance, if you wanted it changed you had to ring up UCAS within 14 days of confirming. However, if this is no longer the case, I'm pretty sure you can ring up your insurance uni and cancel your application with them- this would pave the way for going via Clearing if you fail to meet your firm offer.
Reply 5
hebe001

Yep this is correct, as long as you go through Adjustment, you won't lose your firm university. Good luck! =)
Reply 6
misskittycat
Long story short, I originally decided not to apply for Manchester as my grades wouldn't have been satisfactory at BCC. However, with lots of resits and hard work, it's likely that I could achieve AAB-ABB and I have decided to try to get into Manchester and take the course I was originally interested in.

Sooooo, just a few questions :wink:

(1) Should I apply via Clearing or Adjustment?

AND......!

(2) If they dont accept me, will I still have a place at my firm choice, or will I be left university-less?! :eek3: haha :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:

Check out the Adjustment FAQ:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827966

Latest

Trending

Trending