Turn on thread page Beta

Which football club has the most deluded set of fans? watch

ReputationRep:
    Everton, Think they are a massive club, sure they were before but they also believe they are innocent and Liverpool are the 'nasty club' oh and they think thier fans are the best in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Everton, are you joking? IMO could not be further from the truth.

Their chairman has frequently gone on about Everton being this friendly club, a nice family football club. Doesn't one bit of their stadium/stands even have them down, in writing, as a family club? They don't appear to have a big club syndrome/mentality.

Newcastle, Liverpool - two clubs that do spring to mind in regards to having their fair share of deluded fans.
    I presume you're taking the piss WHW. :cool:

Everton are the least problematic of the three I mentioned and certainly the biggest in raw terms, but comparing them to Liverpool is nonsensical. A big club mentality is very, very different to what I suggest as BC syndrome - the latter is an illness, the former an admirable intent.

That is the issue I don't like - fans who essentially use an inferiority complex regarding a great rival to inflate their own's true standing. Everton fans don't generally strike me as too bad in that sense but City fans can often a complete joke and Spurs fans seem very often to live their entire life based on what happens at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I presume you're taking the piss WHW. :cool:

Everton are the least problematic of the three I mentioned and certainly the biggest in raw terms, but comparing them to Liverpool is nonsensical. A big club mentality is very, very different to what I suggest as BC syndrome - the latter is an illness, the former an admirable intent.

That is the issue I don't like - fans who essentially use an inferiority complex regarding a great rival to inflate their own's true standing. Everton fans don't generally strike me as too bad in that sense but City fans can often a complete joke and Spurs fans seem very often to live their entire life based on what happens at Arsenal.
    I'm being deadly serious. Everton do not strike me as a club with 'big club syndrome' - far from it.

ReputationRep:
    You've already demonstrated though that you misunderstood what I meant by Big Club Syndrome. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Everton, Think they are a massive club, sure they were before but they also believe they are innocent and Liverpool are the 'nasty club' oh and they think thier fans are the best in the world.
    Most fans think their own set of fans are the best in the world.

Everton don't deserve to be ****ged off. Given their financial muscle, or lack of, Moyes and his players are doing very well, and have been doing for a few years now.

Maximising ability and their consistency is to be applauded. Look at Spurs, who have spent more and have ****ed up royally, in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Who said anyone was ****ging them off? I'd agree that their achievements are to be lauded . . . but that doesn't make them a Liverpool, and anyone thinking that, if they did, is on crack.

Cold objectivity I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    You've already demonstrated though that you misunderstood what I meant by Big Club Syndrome. :confused:
    They don't think they're bigger than what they actually are, far from it.

IMO.

Good enough demonstration?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Who said anyone was ****ging them off? I'd agree that their achievements are to be lauded . . . but that doesn't make them a Liverpool, and anyone thinking that, if they did, is on crack.

Cold objectivity I'm afraid.
    Who is thinking that Everton are a Liverpool? I just think Liverpool fans like to think this kind of **** to make themselves feel better/superior. In which case, perhaps they should be thinking about their own club and the number of years since they last won the EPL, for instance.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've certainly come across some Everton fans who think of themselves more toward Liverpool than a Spurs, a Newcastle, a Villa etc. So your opinion doesn't tally with what I've seen and heard.

Not as bad as the other two though, certainly.

Liverpool are still a bigger club than United despite that period of elapse and you winning everything in sight, so maybe you should be thinking about that, for instance. :teeth: Petty. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've certainly come across some Everton fans who think of themselves more toward Liverpool than a Spurs, a Newcastle, a Villa etc. So your opinion doesn't tally with what I've seen and heard.

Not as bad as the other two though, certainly.

Liverpool are still a bigger club than United despite that period of elapse and you winning everything in sight, so maybe you should be thinking about that, for instance. :teeth: Petty. :p:
    Poo, you're full of **** tonight. Very unlike you.

You're not feeling ill with any syndrome are you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ****'s sake WHW, you're a bit touchy. We can just disagree you know.

ReputationRep:
    Most fans think their own set of fans are the best in the world.

Everton don't deserve to be ****ged off. Given their financial muscle, or lack of, Moyes and his players are doing very well, and have been doing for a few years now.

Maximising ability and their consistency is to be applauded. Look at Spurs, who have spent more and have ****ed up royally, in comparison.
    Of course the results din't lie they have maintained a consistancy and have done brilliantly particularly last seaason with thier injury crisis and having to play Felliani upfront when they had many strikers upfront, also finishing ahead of Villa was a huge achievement as they got a lot of plaudits from thier attacking ways and flair however the question was about the fans and all everton fans go on about is this, they still think they rank among the thier rivals and show they are a much smaller club the way they go about, I'm a man utd fan so I do hate Liverpool but do you remember when it was claimed the fat spanish waiter said that 'Everton was a small club' he never actualy said that he just said "Everton were a smaller club than Liverpool" yet everton and thier fans cannot get over thier statement. Yes most teams claim thier fans are the best etc except for maybe the likes of Boro or wigan. verton fans think thier all saints claiming united fans are thier second rivals to Liverpool I couldn't give a **** about them tbh, still harp on about scouser vs Manc well then why don't they have a similar attitude to Man city? Claiming united fans were singing Hillsbrough songs, and rhys jones murder songs and maddie etc, possibly they were said the past couple of seasons but they way they go about they think they are saints, they deny singing munich songs etc. Personally I don't care about chants etc like that but I just don't like thier attitude. maybe it's a scouser hate thing I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    ****'s sake WHW, you're a bit touchy. We can just disagree you know.
    rofl, I was winding you up but I'm disagreeing with you on this one. Everton are a family club ffs! They even have it down on one of their stands! (or did have) :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Of course the results din't lie they have maintained a consistancy and have done brilliantly particularly last seaason with thier injury crisis and having to play Felliani upfront when they had many strikers upfront, also finishing ahead of Villa was a huge achievement as they got a lot of plaudits from thier attacking ways and flair however the question was about the fans and all everton fans go on about is this, they still think they rank among the thier rivals and show they are a much smaller club the way they go about, I'm a man utd fan so I do hate Liverpool but do you remember when it was claimed the fat spanish waiter said that 'Everton was a small club' he never actualy said that he just said "Everton were a smaller club than Liverpool" yet everton and thier fans cannot get over thier statement. Yes most teams claim thier fans are the best etc except for maybe the likes of Boro or wigan. verton fans think thier all saints claiming united fans are thier second rivals to Liverpool I couldn't give a **** about them tbh, still harp on about scouser vs Manc well then why don't they have a similar attitude to Man city? Claiming united fans were singing Hillsbrough songs, and rhys jones murder songs and maddie etc, possibly they were said the past couple of seasons but they way they go about they think they are saints, they deny singing munich songs etc. Personally I don't care about chants etc like that but I just don't like thier attitude. maybe it's a scouser hate thing I dunno.
    You can take a deep breath now, Gibb. Either that, or split your text into smaller and more manageable chunks. It would make for easier reading for WHW and his followers here on TSR.

IIRC Benitez made that small club comment in a rather ****** way. But that's Benitez for you.

ReputationRep:
    Cool WHW. :cool: Where's my crumble? I'm hungry. Think we'll get any this season, or does that make us deluded in hoping for it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    You can take a deep breath now, Gibb. Either that, or split your text into smaller and more manageable chunks. It would make for easier reading for WHW and his followers here on TSR.

IIRC Benitez made that small club comment in a rather ****** way. But that's Benitez for you.
    I usually take time on posts and correct spelling etc, but when you want a rant you just write it all down as quickly as you can, well that's what I do. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    I usually take time on posts and correct spelling etc, but when you want a rant you just write it all down as quickly as you can, well that's what I do. :yep:
    As far as I see it, you could rape half the forum in a pique of illiterate hatred and get away with it provided you keep that sig of yours. :coma: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cool WHW. :cool: Where's my crumble? I'm hungry. Think we'll get any this season, or does that make us deluded in hoping for it? :p:
    I want Man City and Hull to crumble. If these both crumble, I'll be a happy man. I'd rather they both do well for the large part but then crumble, suddenly, and rather majestically, i.e. ****ing it up after being in a strong position. This time round, re: Hull, I want them to excel in the first half of the season, but really **** it up in the second half of the season, so much so that they get relegated with the illness 'second season syndrome'. Throw in a bit of Swine Flu suffering over the colder months too.

That would be tasty crumble pie. Went to Cork this past weekend and had a lovely rhubarb crumble actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Fair play. An emotional release. I geddit. Let it all out or like what Gerrard did, punch the crap out of someone on a night-out, using self-defence as justification. Not only will you have 'let off steam' but you won't even be imprisioned for it! Find a scrote-ish scouser as the human punch bag...

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Fair play. An emotional release. I geddit. Let it all out or like what Gerrard did, punch the crap out of someone on a night-out, using self-defence as justification. Not only will you have 'let off steam' but you won't even be imprisioned for it! Find a scrote-ish scouser as the human punch bag...

:yep:
    Yeah wtf was that about, fantastic player but self defence?!?

Who do you support then.... wizard?

edit: you repped me I would turn the favour but I have already used it, you can only do one rep a day is that right?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.