Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which football club has the most deluded set of fans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Definately arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Arsenal. They seem to think that they have an awesome squad and are 'the best team in the world'.

-_-
    Couldn't have worded it better myself.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool.

"This year will be our year"

Yeah you just keep telling yourself that love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whateverwillbe)
    Bradford. Get with the times, man, you're not big anymore.
    How are we deluded? We've pretty much accepted our position and that it's going to take a lot of work to build the club back up to what it used to be. We're still bigger than League Two though.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds and Newcastle. They seem to think they deserve to be in the premiership. Um, your both not there because you've been relegated from there, thus you are not good enough for the premiership.

ReputationRep:
    the problem with Tottenham is that they think they are massive compared to villa/everton, etc and that players like Ashley Young would leap at the chance to play for them

Redknapp is a knob as well

and Arsenal fans are deluded in the sense that they think the style of football they play is any 'better' than that of say Stoke (and they conveniently forget how bad Arsenal used to be themselves)

and I guess people like Leeds and Millwall, and maybe Cardiff, still think of themselves as massive hard cases - when in reality it's all nothing compared to what it used to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    and I guess people like Leeds and Millwall, and maybe Cardiff, still think of themselves as massive hard cases - when in reality it's all nothing compared to what it used to be.
    Ignoring the idiots who get themselves banned from even pre season friendly games, I don't know any cardiff fan who still thinks we're "massive hard cases". Most fans I know know that the club is changing, and that we've managed to get rid of most of the hooligan element. Of course, no club is going to be 100% hooligan free, and we do probably still have a bigger share of idiots that most clubs do, but its getting better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taco23)
    Nottingham Forest- They live in the past!
    This.

Apparently winning the European Cup in the seventies means you're currently the best team in the Midlands. Also, Billy Davies is a good manager. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    So as the title says and your reasons why
    They all do. This is because all football fans are apparently unaware of the fact that football is a fairy's game and that all football fans are pansies.

ReputationRep:
    Man City, for thinking they can buy into the Big Four

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Ignoring the idiots who get themselves banned from even pre season friendly games, I don't know any cardiff fan who still thinks we're "massive hard cases". Most fans I know know that the club is changing, and that we've managed to get rid of most of the hooligan element. Of course, no club is going to be 100% hooligan free, and we do probably still have a bigger share of idiots that most clubs do, but its getting better.
    no, i think cardiff are better than the other 2 - which is why i was slightly reticent in mentioning them

but i also think cardiff still has a lot more of that stuff going on than the other 2 do, although thats mainly just cause they're in the same league as swansea these days

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Man City, for thinking they can buy into the Big Four
    Not really deluded that, cause they probably can - they weren't exactly far off where chelsea were before abramovich

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle and Liverpool fans can't be separated.

Newcastle fans because they are simply not a big club. they never have been and never will be, they are a one club city and wouldn't fill that stadium otherwise. Never won nowt and that that doesn't look like changing any time soon. Plymouth on a tuesday night. should be fun.

Liverpool fans... well. you shouldn't be able to get away with saying this is our year 12,13,14 years in a row without being classed as deluded. This isn't the place to talk about what proper Liverpool fans are like. but allocated tickets means allocated tickets.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle and Spurs IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    no, i think cardiff are better than the other 2 - which is why i was slightly reticent in mentioning them

but i also think cardiff still has a lot more of that stuff going on than the other 2 do, although thats mainly just cause they're in the same league as swansea these days
    Our games against swansea last year weren't actually that bad. There was a bit of stuff when we played them both times at their place (league and cup), but when we played them at Ninian, the only problem really was the coin being thrown. Yeah, of course that was serious, but it was only one incident. It was a lot better than last time they played us at NP in the early 90's.

I would say some of our fans are slightly deluded though, but more that some totally deny we have hooligans any more. I mean that is being deluded, even I would be the first to say we still have a sizeable minority of idiots. The coin incident, and a couple of other incidents proofs that (some Southampton fan was attacked when they played us at NP, though the said fan was in the NP pub, which is for home fans only really).

ReputationRep:
    lol at the cardiff fan post ... the irony being that he is the deluded one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    lol at the cardiff fan post ... the irony being that he is the deluded one.
    How am I deluded?

I'm accepting the fact we still have a sizeable majority of idiots, however, it isn't as bad as it used to be. You can't argue with that. When we played the jacks at NP last time, there was near enough a full scale riot with seats being ripped out and thrown etc. All that happened this time was one idiot threw a coin. Bit of a difference don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Probably Rangers/Celtic fans who don't wanna join England.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are the most deluded fans are they :rolleyes:
    Compared to other teams, we have clearly more trophies than you can even aspire too, e.g. spurs.
    Spurs fans are the most deluded :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle, Leeds all for the reason that they think they're something special and are "big clubs."
    USED TO BE but not anymore, Wednesday had their fans painting the stands and sweeping the floor the other week for god's sake

ReputationRep:
    has 2 be Aston villa

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.