Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which football club has the most deluded set of fans? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool - Beginning of every premier league season "This year is out year". End of every season "Next year is definately our year"

Man City - Never going to be a big club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    All of my Gonner mates are pretty safe tbh, and most aren't really arrogant at all...but I've met quite a few of them who still live in the 'Untouchables' era
    I'm not saying they're arrogant people in general.

Just that, when it comes to the football team, they're quite deluded.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle. Never won anything major, yet they think they have some 'right' to be in the Premiership or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    How are we deluded? We've pretty much accepted our position and that it's going to take a lot of work to build the club back up to what it used to be. We're still bigger than League Two though.
    Nah, just some Bradford fans I've come across seem to think they have the right to be back in the Premiership just cos of their ground and MAHOOSIVENESS. Not all, granted.

And I dunno if you're last sentence was a joke or not...?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparta)
    Coming from a Cardiff fan... Why are Cardiff even in the English leagues?
    Because many many decades ago we applied to be in it, and the FA accepted. The standard of football is so poor in the Welsh leagues anyway, I'd hate it if we were there.

(Original post by Lordzola)
    I don't mind Cardiff being in the league but i remember when the Welsh FA recinded one of your red cards so a player could play in the FA cup final. Don't see how they had the authority to do that if your technically an English club
    We're members of the FAW, and just associates of the FA. Thus, for disiplinary issues, we report to the FAW. I don't agree with that however, and most Cardiff fans don't either. Actually, a lot of us would prefer us to leave the FAW and become full members of the FA.

Despite that example, the FAW are usually pretty strict in terms of overturning cards, much more so than the english FA. And we usually get the raw side of the deal when it comes to disiplinary hearings.

ReputationRep:
    Celtic with their endless talk of how they are as good as Europe's elite coz they drew with United at home or beat Barca once are probably the most deluded. City with their "we will win it all, we have all the money" and "we never wanted him anyways" after getting rejected by Kaka are a close second. Liverpool fans with their yearly "we will win the league" cycle, which came to its peak last season, are quite deluded too.

ReputationRep:
    Manure fans when it comes to their transfer policy. Players who their own fans say are past it until the second he signs, then its suddenly a masterstroke of tactical genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Celtic with their endless talk of how they are as good as Europe's elite coz they drew with United at home or beat Barca once are probably the most deluded.
    Celtics CL home record speaks for itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Arsenal. They seem to think that they have an awesome squad and are 'the best team in the world'.

-_-
    Fact mate, fact.

ReputationRep:
    Celtics CL home record speaks for itself.
    If only CL home records won you European honors(or even got you to the semis or even the last 8), Celtic would actually be in the elite group some of their fans claim they belong in. Beating/drawing against a side at home is one thing, being a big club people will bet on to win trophies is another. United only beat Porto in the away game last year for the first time, are you now saying Porto are as big as United? Celtic's CL(and for that matter UEFA Cup) record in general speaks more than its home record.

I haven't met nearly enough fans of each football club to make such a claim. Most stereotypes are created and/or perpetuated by the media.

Arsenal- hate the way they think they are the masters of sexy football. Also hate the 'Liverpool hoof the ball' chants when they come to Anfield.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle :rolleyes: . All of them dance around in the streets singing about their messiahs :rolleyes: They also do nothing but drink and not find jobs :rolleyes: Oh wait did I also mention they all think they have a divine right in the premiership and they should be finishing in the top 6 by law :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle.

Reason: its obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Arsenal- hate the way they think they are the masters of sexy football. Also hate the 'Liverpool hoof the ball' chants when they come to Anfield.
    Arsenal football :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Newcastle.

Reason: its obvious.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Newcastle. Never won anything major, yet they think they have some 'right' to be in the Premiership or something.
    Yes, Clearly.

(Original post by V1NY)
    Arsenal football :coma:
    Arsenal football puts you into a coma? I'm not surprised tbh, some have even said it cures insomnia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    and Arsenal fans are deluded in the sense that they think the style of football they play is any 'better' than that of say Stoke (and they conveniently forget how bad Arsenal used to be themselves)
    Not only does the point in parentheses completely undermine the stupid point you're trying to make, but you're the deluded one if you think Arsenal fans find their style of play more aesthetically pleasing than Stoke's is deluded :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    If only CL home records won you European honors(or even got you to the semis or even the last 8), Celtic would actually be in the elite group some of their fans claim they belong in. Beating/drawing against a side at home is one thing, being a big club people will bet on to win trophies is another. United only beat Porto in the away game last year for the first time, are you now saying Porto are as big as United? Celtic's CL(and for that matter UEFA Cup) record in general speaks more than its home record.

Whats that about European honours?

We're pretty well respected by the true European elite.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.