Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which football club has the most deluded set of fans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This isn't even about delusion anymore. It's just turned into a "**** off clubs you don't like" thread. Personally, I'd say 73337 has the best idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Arsenal- hate the way they think they are the masters of sexy football. Also hate the 'Liverpool hoof the ball' chants when they come to Anfield.
    Well, at least you're open about your 'reasoning' being dervied from you being bitter.

(Original post by 73337)
    I haven't met nearly enough fans of each football club to make such a claim. Most stereotypes are created and/or perpetuated by the media.
    Good post. A thread like this inevitably turns into a rather covert "Who do you dislike?", really.

(Original post by Overmars)
    Oh, Plymouth, for sure.

Just a bunch of BNP-supporting c***s with a bunker mentality.
    :toofunny:

EDIT: Wow, exactly what Stu said!

ReputationRep:
    Whats that about European honours?

We're pretty well respected by the true European elite.
    Celtic's last European Cup/CL win was in 1967, they have never won the UEFA Cup. Those 2 are counted as European honors and are what Europe's best compete for. Clubs like United, Liverpool, Barca, Madrid and Milan all actually compete for it and have won it at least once, if not more times in the past 20 years. These are true European elite sides, not Celtic.
    By your logic Nottingham Forest and Belgrade are now a European elite team today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    Good post. A thread like this inevitably turns into a rather covert "Who do you dislike?", really.

EDIT: Wow, exactly what Stu said!
    Great minds :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, any club that chooses the away kit Newcastle have chosen in their bid to 'bounce-back' into the Premiership deserve to be slated. The way they were managed and the mentality of their fans (we're a big club) just says it all really. I pity the fans, I really do. Its one thing to have pride in your club, itas another to be stark raving looney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RicardoDiaz)
    Tbh, any club that chooses the away kit Newcastle have chosen in their bid to 'bounce-back' into the Premiership deserve to be slated. The way they were managed and the mentality of their fans (we're a big club) just says it all really. I pity the fans, I really do. Its one thing to have pride in your club, itas another to be stark raving looney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RicardoDiaz)
    How many Newcastle fans have you actually talked to in real life? A decent amount to make such a generalisation?

ReputationRep:
    chelsea - no offence but you think you're the dog's danglies. you're so smug all the time you're winning that you end up thinking you're invinsible. then as soon as a superior team like barcelona beat you it's suddenly a fix?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzily)
    chelsea - no offence but you think you're the dog's danglies. you're so smug all the time you're winning that you end up thinking you're invinsible. then as soon as a superior team like barcelona beat you it's suddenly a fix?
    tbf chelsea deserved to win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    tbf chelsea deserved to win
    only because they spent the whole game defending like man men and hoofing the ball around. when i look at how barcelona played against man utd in the final, it makes me believe even more that the best team won because they played brilliantly - and man utd aren't exactly easy to beat, let alone be made to look stupid!

but, in chelsea's defense, they did play really well that first leg tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    That was 1967.
    By that logic Nottingham Forest and Belgrade are now a European elite team today.
    So? United won it the next year, does that not matter either? It happened, your one of those fans that think football was invented 17 years ago arent you?

Forest havent played a European match since 1995 but their names are in the history books forever and every elite team knows it. Unlike Forest, Celtic play in the Champions League every year, been in the knockouts recently ontop of another European cup final in 1970 and a UEFA cup final in 2003.

We're no Real Madrid, but we're known across the globe, you better believe it!

ReputationRep:
    Like England v Portugal you mean? You see, bitter supporters who feel aggrieved from alleged poor officiating is not the sole trait of Chelsea supporters. I'm pretty sure supporters from any team would have reacted just as bad, and judging by how some Arsenal supporters reacted badly to the no penalty debacle against Liverpool, I'd say I'm right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Like England v Portugal you mean? You see, bitter supporters who feel aggrieved from alleged poor officiating is not the sole trait of Chelsea supporters. I'm pretty sure supporters from any team would have reacted just as bad, and judging by how some Arsenal supporters reacted badly to the no penalty debacle against Liverpool, I'd say I'm right.
    Hey Mr NGGARRONDI...

Is it Chelski fans who are most deluded? For thinking that their club actually has a soul?

ReputationRep:
    Tough call, but gotta go with Leeds. Only League One fans deluded enough to sing 'We are champions of Europe' :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    only because they spent the whole game defending like man men and hoofing the ball around. when i look at how barcelona played against man utd in the final, it makes me believe even more that the best team won because they played brilliantly - and man utd aren't exactly easy to beat, let alone be made to look stupid!

but, in chelsea's defense, they did play really well that first leg tbf.
    Barcelona beat Utd because Utd's midfield was poor on the night. They let themselves get done over, whilst Chelsea showed how you can stop Barcelona from playing, they were not invincible. You can defend all game if you like, it's not against the laws of the game unless you're one of those media darlings who believe that playing attacking, attractive football is the only way. But for most people who hold this view at club level soon ignore that garbage when England plays.

That said Barcelona weren't that good in the second leg. They had one shot on goal and if the tactics were reversed, Chelsea would probably have been dubbed fortunate to have gone through.

ReputationRep:
    well portugal are better than us at football.

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona beat Utd because Utd's midfield was poor on the night. They let themselves get done over, whilst Chelsea showed how you can stop Barcelona from playing, they were not invincible. You can defend all game if you like, it's not against the laws of the game unless you're one of those media darlings who believe that playing attacking, attractive football is the only way. But for most people who hold this view at club level soon ignore that garbage when England plays.

That said Barcelona weren't that good in the second leg. They had one shot on goal and if the tactics were reversed, Chelsea would probably have been dubbed fortunate to have gone through.
    england play butters football thoughhh :{!

ReputationRep:
    So? United won it the next year, does that not matter either? It happened, your one of those fans that think football was invented 17 years ago arent you?
    I think you are confusing being Europe's elite today with club history(and that is why I mentioned recent history). Yes United won in 1968, but would they have counted as Europe's elite today if they hadnt won it in 99 and 2007, not to mention reach the finals last year? You dont become Europe's elite by winning it once, that's why SAF has always stressed on how much he wants more European success. Why are Ajax no longer talked of with the same fear by rivals the likes of Barca are? Who would you put your money on in this year's CL, United/Barca/Madrid/Chelsea or Celtic?
    Forest havent played a European match since 1995 but their names are in the history books forever and every elite team knows it. Unlike Forest, Celtic play in the Champions League every year, been in the knockouts recently ontop of another European cup final in 1970 and a UEFA cup final in 2003.
    Celtic play in the CL and then get knocked out(and I am again talking recently), rarely reaching the quarters or the semis. The same as Athletico, Lyon, Sevilla or Roma. If Celtic qualify as Europe's elite in the same vein as Barca, Madrid, United, Milan, Juventus or Liverpool, then so do these sides.
    I wonder how many people actually think Celtic will be in the semis of the CL this year and how many are putting bets on them making it to the quarter finals. I believe most people would rather fancy the likes of Europe's true present elite when that bet is to be made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Hey Mr NGGARRONDI...

Is it Chelski fans who are most deluded? For thinking that their club actually has a soul?
    The concept of a soul is a foreign one to me. It only exists in the Bible which is a load of hocus-pocus and Mortal Kombat, which is another hocus-pocus.

If souls exist then I can take it just like him above!

ReputationRep:
    In response to Stu, I have only talked to about 10 or 12 fans, but then again I don't come from an area where Utd are very well supported. The fans i have talked to seem to have this idea that Newcastle are such a huge club with such chances of winning silverware, which of course is farcical. If Utd had been managed in the right way, with Ashley treating it as a football club, rather than an investment that he could market and if he hadn't have got a new manager every five minutes then perhaps things would have been different. Utd are definitely capable of top 10, more like top 6, but they need better players, which they aren't gonna be able to attract.

On another note, financially I think Utd are gonna be screwed when it comes to getting back into the championship. With Ashley trying to flog Utd for 50 million to Sheppard, at least u might get some worthwhile investment, especially with someone who knows the club and the fans. However, the contract clauses are gonna screw up chances of getting quality players if or when you get back to the Prem and offloading uneccesary baggage. The fact that the players are on the same wages that they were on in the Premiership (written into their contracts) shows the naivety of Utd. They clearly never say relegation as an option.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.