Turn on thread page Beta

Make your ideal ground (with pics) watch

ReputationRep:
    Thought this might be fun.

Right, basically idea here is to invent what would be your ideal ground if you could pick a stand from 4 different stadiums.

HOWEVER, to make it a bit more interesting I suggest to make it that you can't have stands from say 4 stands behind the goal, but instead it must be 2 stands that are behind the goal and 2 that are along the length of the pitch. But if that's too difficult just pick whatever you want!

You can make it from teams in different leagues, or all 4 from the same league but you cannot use 2 stands from one ground.

Post pics if you can, and maybe approx capacity if you know it (most likely found on http://www.footballgroundguide.com/, or official sites/searching around)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here would be mine, made from League Two grounds, and I'll call it Undernohill :p:

Behind the 2 goals (this is really easy for me, from my 2 fav grounds):

Aldershot's East Bank

Capacity: 888

Chesterfield's Cross Street Terrace (RIP) - would be kind and give this to away fans

Capacity: 1,400

And on the 2 sides:

On the East side, a biased Barnet East Terrace, without the slope though.

Capacity: 1,102

And finally, on the West side, I think I need to up the capacity and stick a seated stand in there.

So Darlington's South stand, the exec boxes are all here as well as lifts/esculators, offices, function rooms etc:

Capacity: 7500

Total Capacity: 10,890

The perfect size for a club like us, though I was aiming for something a little bigger. But I love the first 3 stands and Darlo's was the biggest I could think of for the last so that will have to do. Plenty of atmosphere from the Rec and our East Terrace, mostly terraces which I love, the Chesterfield terrace because it's a classic and always a favourite with away fans, and Darlo's for a bit of class.

One can but dream....

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to start with Wrexham's Kop for the hardcore home fans:

Down the opposite end of the pitch, I'd have QPR's infamous 'The Loft' end, where the away fans would be situated:

On one side of the pitch is this three-tiered beauty from Everton:

I'd shove Crewe's main stand on the other side, purely because it's single tiered and looks bloody huge:

I couldn't find the capacity for the seperate stands but I'm sure it'd be an improvement on Loftus Road's mere 19,000 or so. There's no room for executive boxes and the prawn sarnie brigade; the ground's built for atmosphere! Wrexham's Kop looks impressive when full and I'm sure you can churn out a good atmopshere, despite the short roof. When The Loft at QPR gets going, you feel the San Andreas fault below you and come out of the place with tinnitus (as well as deep-vein thrombosis, no leg room in sight!). I've always found Everton's Main Stand impressive, and Crewe's 7,000 one-tiered, cantilevered number is a beaut.

I challenge you to beat that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Not to kick you while you're down, but...

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...your stadium looks really wonky dude

:creep:

ReputationRep:
    Damn good effort Brad. They all look very tasty indeed. Have only been in the Loft out of those, brilliant atmosphere. Was considering Crewe's for my L2 ground, and both the others look impressive as well.

Is that Wrexham terrace normally still for home fans? I'd love to go in that one day! Reminds me of one of Exeter's actually.

ReputationRep:
    Ends - The Kop (Anfield) and The Subtribune (Westfalenstadion)

Sides - Lateral Oueste (Santiago Bernabau) and The funny little stand at La Bombanera

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    Ends - The Kop (Anfield) and The Subtribune (Westfalenstadion)

Sides - Lateral Oueste (Santiago Bernabau) and The funny little stand at La Bombanera
    Just checked it out and the The Südtribüne, is the largest free-standing grandstand in Europe. Impressive :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Not to kick you while you're down
    Subtle... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Not to kick you while you're down, but...

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...your stadium looks really wonky dude

:creep:
    Subtle inulst there :hmmm: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whateverwillbe)
    Damn good effort Brad. They all look very tasty indeed. Have only been in the Loft out of those, brilliant atmosphere. Was considering Crewe's for my L2 ground, and both the others look impressive as well.

Is that Wrexham terrace normally still for home fans? I'd love to go in that one day! Reminds me of one of Exeter's actually.
    Yeah, they rarely come close to filling it, but when they do, it's quite a sight :p:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Wrexham_FC.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whateverwillbe)

Sadly, the Kop is soon to be demolished with a stand with a smaller footprint taking its place. Sad times.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.