Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm going to Singapore and Malaysia next week and I was wondering what shopping is like? Are the prices lower/greater than that in the UK on designer clothes? Polos etc. Also, can someone tell me names of good malls to visit.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Designer cloths don't generally change in price. You can get copies for nothing, but the genuine clothing doesn't change in price no matter where you buy it (from my experience anyway).

Although, even regular clothing wasn't cheaper than England in Singapore. Hell, most stuff was more expensive. Prices in England are pretty damn cheap really, especially with the advent of Primark etc.

ReputationRep:
    Singapore is pretty expensive, even electricals are similarly priced to the UK, you would struggle to get any real bargains. The main shopping areas are Orchard Road and the area around City Hall(the mrt station) are alot of malls.

As for Malaysia, you would struggle to find any genuine stuff at cheaper prices - you would get counterfeit stuff pretty easily but more often than not the quality is shocking.

ReputationRep:
    i went in 2006 2.5SD to the pound and the ringgit was 6.5 and i think its worse for the pound now. designer shopping is in no way cheaper. if you head out of kuala lumpur or singapore then things get a bit cheaper but u still dont get so much designer stuff.

you can always haggle though. i got a pair of ray bans for 80quid rather than 120 and they were the only brand in store without a sale on. tell them you'll pay cash and then when they accept your offer pay with card if u need to. have a great time i cannot wait to go back

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.