Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else hate the english versions of Tokio Hotels songs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why, but i really do not like their songs in english, and i find myself singing along in German whenever i listen to them. But generally i do prefer songs in other languages. Favourite lyrics anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I hate both the German and the English versions.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Tokio Hotel, especially because the singer is trying to look like Björk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sincerity?)
    I hate both the German and the English versions.
    I like that picture in your sig... for some reason i cant stop looking haha

ReputationRep:
    The German versions are no improvement whatosever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    I like that picture in your sig... for some reason i cant stop looking haha
    You might as well check the song out; The Postal Service are a good band.

ReputationRep:
    Well, saying I've really only heard the English version of Monsoon, I can't say that I do.

ReputationRep:
    Tokio Hotel are just sucky, really.

ReputationRep:
    Worst band ever

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like the german versions either, but I think that its easier to like a song in another language because you won't get as annoyed with repetion or poor word choice.

ReputationRep:
    I don't speak German, therefore I prefer the English versions.
    I like bands like Rammstein and t.A.T.u even when they sing in their native language, but that is because I quite like the music, even without being able to understand what they're saying, whereas the music behind the lyrrics in Tokio Hotel's songs tends to be reasonably boring and just like every other band in the same genre.

I do like Tokio Hotel, but I prefer the English versions. His voice is what sets Tokio Hotel apart from other bands for me, it's so clear and kind of soothing, and in German the effect is lost on me.

I haven't worded that very well, because I'm bad at explaining things, but I hope you understood what I meant.

Oh, and my favourite song is Ready, Set, Go. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul-M)
    Worst band ever
    Oh, come on now, that's not fair!

You're clearly not taking into account "bands" like The Fratellis, and Scouting for Girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Well, saying I've really only heard the English version of Monsoon, I can't say that I do.
    Guitar Hero by any chance?
    Thats the only one i've heard as well, although i do find it quite catchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my[s)
    favorite[/s]things...]Guitar Hero by any chance?
    Thats the only one i've heard as well, although i do find it quite catchy.
    No.

Rock Band

ReputationRep:
    No.

Rock Band
    :plz2:

Is it on that? I thought it was only on world tour :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my[s)
    favorite[/s]things...]:plz2:

Is it on that? I thought it was only on world tour :/
    It's a European bonus track, but counted as DLC for the rest of the world. Other bonus tracks for us include Hysteria, by Muse (:woo:), Perfekte Welle, by Juli, and some Oasis track (:sadnod:)

ReputationRep:
    It's a European bonus track, but counted as DLC for the rest of the world. Other bonus tracks for us include Hysteria, by Muse (:woo:), Perfekte Welle, by Juli, and some Oasis track (:sadnod:)
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my[s)
    favorite[/s]things...]Cool
    We Rock-Banders also had Hier Kommt Alex (by Die Toten Hosen) first :yep:

But the only thing I regret about having RB and not GHWT is that you guys get Rise Against songs :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    We Rock-Banders also had Hier Kommt Alex (by Die Toten Hosen) first :yep:

But the only thing I regret about having RB and not GHWT is that you guys get Rise Against songs :sadnod:
    To be honest my fave song on world tour is Rebel Yell by Billy idol, its fantastically 80's :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liaxx)
    I don't speak German, therefore I prefer the English versions.

I do like Tokio Hotel, but I prefer the English versions. His voice is what sets Tokio Hotel apart from other bands for me, it's so clear and kind of soothing, and in German the effect is lost on me.

Oh, and my favourite song is Ready, Set, Go. How about you?
    I think my favourite song is 1000 Meere, i think the main attraction for Tokio Hotel for me is that they sing in a different language, and the flawless tones of his voice. Now i'm not going to say that their lyrics are amazing, because frankly some songs could be better.

Thanks for answering me though, even if you don't like Tokio Hotel :P i guess everyone has their own tastes yadda yadda yadda. I think i'm just generally attracted to different languages, regardless of the music though. Kind of begs the question, do we all hear differently?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.