Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have a 5 minute shower unless you are washing your hair (you can do that once a week if you want) then it'll take like 10 mins.

Wha..? You should shower at least once a day.

ReputationRep:
    It is sad how people are only reading first post and then judge the OP. You should at least check his profile or read the whole thread before making a hurtful comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gers)
    I only shower 1 a week cause it takes to much time and i also need help an keep getting told i am smelly.

Is there anything i can do that would be quick so people didnt call me smelly?
    YES! SHOWER!
    How long does it take to rinse your hair with shampoo, (assuming you're really a guy and have short hair) and scrub your body with soap.
    5 minutes ONLY! Does that take too much time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    It is sad how people are only reading first post and then judge the OP. You should at least check his profile or read the whole thread before making a hurtful comment.
    :yep: To be fair though, I never check out people's profiles so the OP could have mentioned it in his first post. I didn't realise until someone brought it up.

To the OP though, don't you have some sort of carer or people to help you?

ReputationRep:
    Just shower everyday and stop complaining

(Original post by dmae)
    dmae, if the OP can shower once a week he can shower everyday, regardless of disability. The OP could cut out using TSR to find the time.

ReputationRep:
    I am a busy person.
    I am out 3/4 times a week depending on basketball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekpyrotic)
    dmae, if the OP can shower once a week he can shower everyday, regardless of disability. The OP could cut out using TSR to find the time.
    He clearly said that showering takes too much time for him and because of that he is looking for other solutions.
    Instead of that he got million posts saying that he should shower more often regardless the fact that it is too difficult for him because of his disability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    He clearly said that showering takes too much time for him and because of that he is looking for other solutions.
    Instead of that he got million posts saying that he should shower more often regardless the fact that it is too difficult for him because of his disability.
    It takes me too long for me to have a shower every day an would like an easier solution that i dont need help with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gers)
    It takes me too long for me to have a shower every day an would like an easier solution that i dont need help with.
    Whoa, calm down dude, we're just trying to help you.

The matter of fact is, there IS no other solution. You need to wash to remove the build up of sweat from your body. As my post said, you can do it once every two days and see how it goes. Maybe in the mornings wash your armpits and nether regions with soap/water if you're not having a shower.

There IS no other way for your body, your hair you can try using the "Dry Shampoo" stuff, but eventually it would need washing.

ReputationRep:
    Try having a wash at the sink in a morning and at night, try to do your whole body, try having 2 or 3 showers per week.

ReputationRep:
    The OP is annoying. It does not take long to have a shower, I have one every week day, for about 15 minutes max, I make sure I am up early as well to have the shower...
    Secondly on weekend, I will have shower on saturday if i am going out, sunday is my stay in day so I dont bother...

You must stink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    The OP is annoying. It does not take long to have a shower, I have one every week day, for about 15 minutes max, I make sure I am up early as well to have the shower...
    Secondly on weekend, I will have shower on saturday if i am going out, sunday is my stay in day so I dont bother...

You must stink.
    At the end of the day you don't know what disability the op suffers from, or how that affects him in every day life, what kind of assistance he gets, or whatever. Don't judge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marineio)
    At the end of the day you don't know what disability the op suffers from, or how that affects him in every day life, what kind of assistance he gets, or whatever. Don't judge.
    Is he disabled? I did not know...sorry I did not read the thread...I read probably the last comment...Sorry I did not know..

ReputationRep:
    Even taking a look at the op's profile you would have seen. -rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marineio)
    Even taking a look at the op's profile you would have seen. -rep.
    I am sorry, I did not realise. I don't normally go looking at the profiles of tsr users do I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gers)
    I only shower 1 a week cause it takes to much time and i also need help an keep getting told i am smelly.

Is there anything i can do that would be quick so people didnt call me smelly?
    I can't actually believe someone showers this little! I shower and bath at least once a day useually twice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber2008)
    I can't actually believe someone showers this little! I shower and bath at least once a day useually twice!!
    i CANT HELP THAT I NEED HELP

ReputationRep:
    Can social services help out at all? (or whatever the Scottish equivalent is)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.