Turn on thread page Beta

What are the best cities to live in in England/Wales/Ireland? watch

ReputationRep:
    And not stock answers of London daaahling, because I've established on another thread that it's crap. Manchester is also reputedly rough as dogs.
    So where is a genuinely varied, interesting place to live that isn't riddled with violence and crime?

So far, I can come up with Cambridge, Norwich, Bristol(though has it's drug problems apparently)

So any other ideas? How about Brighton? Dublin? Galway?

Give me some tales, personal experience. Generally I'm looking for not so small it's dull, good pubs restaraunt, not chavvy, not too snobby etc.
    Some fields and places to run, play footy etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    And not stock answers of London daaahling, because I've established on another thread that it's crap. Manchester is also reputedly rough as dogs.
    So where is a genuinely varied, interesting place to live that isn't riddled with violence and crime?

So far, I can come up with Cambridge, Norwich, Bristol(though has it's drug problems apparently)

So any other ideas? How about Brighton? Dublin? Galway?

Give me some tales, personal experience. Generally I'm looking for not so small it's dull, good pubs restaraunt, not chavvy, not too snobby etc.
    Some fields and places to run, play footy etc.
    oooooooh, you are gonna get negged for that :yep: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    oooooooh, you are gonna get negged for that :yep: :woo:
    Well, I didn't want a tedious London-fellating thread. Show some imagination peeps.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I didn't want a tedious London-fellating thread. Show some imagination peeps.
    But London is so huge that you can't consider all of it to be the same. The East End is much worse than, say, North London which has some of the top universities in the country and generally isn't bad.

ReputationRep:
    yup yup
    the establishment of a crap and/or rough city may be found on tsr threads

waste

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Brighton is awesome.
    I went-admittedly on summer solstice- and it was chavvyish.

Nice beach though.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    Manchester.
    All I've ever been told about Manchester is fights, blood on walls, funny people about, not safe for women, police around constantly, closing down business because of break ins, awful schools etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    All I've ever been told about Manchester is fights, blood on walls, funny people about, not safe for women, police around constantly, closing down business because of break ins, awful schools etc etc.
    Been told, and living there is a totally different thing, and you can get that anywhere you go.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with Scottish cities :cry: , I love my Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    lol this guy thinks life can be learnt on the internet
    ayooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    it was chavvyish.
    I was forced to move a decade ago so I wouldn't know, but I've been told that it's been majorly infested with chavs. It is quite saddening.

(Original post by Radgebanter)
    What's wrong with Scottish cities :cry: , I love my Edinburgh
    They're bloody expensive to rent! Apparently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    They're bloody expensive to rent! Apparently...
    Lol true, if you own a flat near the Uni's anywhere in Scotland like Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee and St Andrews you can make a right good living off renting it to them student types

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.