Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opened my car door onto car next door Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd be fairly likely to punch someone in the face if they opened their door into my car too.

But then I wouldn't be as rude to do it to someone, and then walk off. I'd hope to have better control of the door in the first place to avoid it hitting another car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i would have punched you in the face if you had done that to me.

saying that, she dented your car first, so what goes around comes around tbh.
    Balls! Don't mess with this guy he has a huge wang.

ReputationRep:
    If the woman has a photographic memory you are so ******

ReputationRep:
    lool that made my day rep

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah good man. You did the right thing. Hope it didn't damage your denting door too much. Good on your mate for doing it with no questions asked, rofl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Hahahah good man. You did the right thing. Hope it didn't damage your denting door too much. Good on your mate for doing it with no questions asked, rofl.
    Lol, good point!

ReputationRep:
    hahaha oh dear.

Because it was a child, there wasn't much damage on your car right? Seems a bit harsh.

ReputationRep:
    Before I opened this thread I felt bad for you, cause some idiots did this to my car when I was out and I had to sort it out when I was back. Must have happened at the supermarket or halls.

But you're just a coward, you couldn't confront her, so you did that intentionally to some poor mother's car when it was just a young kid who did it.

You should have asked for payment on the spot.

And who does it with their own door? Most people would have booted their door in. Complete jackass all round the pair of you.

haha

ReputationRep:
    ******* legend.

Best way to go about things. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Can't blame you really. I would have just been tempted to run that kid over.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't worry about it, it's not like she apologised and you're never going to see her again.

ReputationRep:
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

Now, I wonder if that KFC has CCTV to monitor their car park?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tofufi)
    I'd be fairly likely to punch someone in the face if they opened their door into my car too.
    You often punch children in the face?

Maybe the mother didn't even notice that the OP's car got damaged. He should have talked to the mother instead of damaging her car.

ReputationRep:
    Forget it with pride - it was well deserved. +rep

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Conda)
    My friend comes back and without thinking to much I just tell him to open my door onto there car. Made a pretty big dent- and I just drove off. Now back home and now feel abit guilty. Yes - they made a dent in my car but I just feel bad. It was only a KIA but that's not the point. Ah! :eek3: Should I just forget?
    I just hope you have more patience with your patients. Also the abilty to communicate with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    You often punch children in the face?

Maybe the mother didn't even notice that the OP's car got damaged. He should have talked to the mother instead of damaging her car.
    I've never had anyone open their car door into my car yet. Mostly because I park as far away from the shop as possible to avoid people parking next to me.

When you've spent 2 years restoring a classic car, you might understand.

Either way, I'd have drawn the mothers attention to the damage, and expected an apology. From the OP, it came across as the mother noticed the child opening their door into the OPs car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tofufi)
    Either way, I'd have drawn the mothers attention to the damage, and expected an apology. From the OP, it came across as the mother noticed the child opening their door into the OPs car.
    I'd have expected insurance details. Her insurance would have paid for fixing the OP's paint anyway.

It could well have been she was ashamed for the fact that the door hit his car, unaware of any damage.

ReputationRep:
    Hero

ReputationRep:
    Too right pal, if she's not even going to stop and check it I'd have done that to her as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.