Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well that sounds good but where do you get more info for the branch you're specifically interested in? I thought you had to research the role fully; the info of the website is limited.

ReputationRep:
    Your AFCO should have provided you with an A4 paper booklet with more in depth details about your branch choice. These were also given out at the presentation along with some other booklets about IOT etc. If you haven't been given these then just ask!

Also, i've managed to find plenty of info on this forum. Which branches are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veggiechic)
    So what actually happens in the presentation then and what's the format? Are there officers telling you things, or a video to watch? Is it specific to the job you're interested in or a general thing?
    The presentation itself is a series of videos with the presenter stopping after each snippit to explain things in the video and answer any questions.

The videos aren't job specific but they are rank specific, i.e. officer or trade; but then again my pres. was full of wannabe officers so we didn't see the trade videos. There are also vids on what the RAF is about, lifestyle, training and all that jazz

what trade are you going in for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for Training Officer. I haven't gone to the AFCO yet but will be really soon. Just wanting to be as prepared as possible before I start the whole process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veggiechic)
    I'm going for Training Officer. I haven't gone to the AFCO yet but will be really soon. Just wanting to be as prepared as possible before I start the whole process
    Righto. At your initial visit to the AFCO they will provide you with loads of various info. The whole application process is very long-winded so you'll have plenty of time to prepare!

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, i have got me presentation in 2 weeks time and just wondering what to wear? I guess a suit would be the most suitable suggestion??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, unless you want to look like a tramp/muppet! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-J-Jewell)
    Glad it was useful Sarah, best start studying for the filter interview now!

I'd suggest you start on overseas bases, if not to save sparking another arguement... :p:
    Hahaa yes I will!
    I'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment though, don't know whether to defer from uni and then my carry on with my application, or confirm my place at uni and carry on with my application. Do you know at which piont you definitely have a secure place in the RAF?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by sarahloujew)
    Hahaa yes I will!
    I'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment though, don't know whether to defer from uni and then my carry on with my application, or confirm my place at uni and carry on with my application. Do you know at which piont you definitely have a secure place in the RAF?
    Definitely confirm your place at uni - that is easy to get out of and you can run your RAF application in parallel. But if you have a place at uni, why not go to uni first and then apply to join the RAF at the start of your third year, which then gives you a place after you graduate? That way you have a job, but also a degree to fall back on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.P)
    Just a quick question, i have got me presentation in 2 weeks time and just wondering what to wear? I guess a suit would be the most suitable suggestion??

Thanks
    I'd definatley pop on a suit, cut your hair , clean nails etc. Mine was about a month ago now and some poor git turned up in torn up shorts and a stained t-shirt. The guy was so embarresed he barely caught anyones eye the whole time:stupid:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.