Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am going to be studying in Cavendish campus this coming September, I wanted to know what do you think of the campus, what are the pros and cons of studying at Cavendish I am planning a visit this week hopefully. I particularly want to hear from those currently studying or have visited the campus.

ReputationRep:
    ive visited there 3 times im quite impressed with the buildings and the library, there is sooo many computer labs...you may think the place is small looking from the outside but once you get in there u may get lost on the first day..overall its pretty clean and well organised i find the lecturers very good too

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/page-10697

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imson)
    ive visited there 3 times im quite impressed with the buildings and the library, there is sooo many computer labs...you may think the place is small looking from the outside but once you get in there u may get lost on the first day..overall its pretty clean and well organised i find the lecturers very good too

What about outside the campus other building etc is it generally clean are there any clubs etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneWayOfLife?)
    What about outside the campus other building etc is it generally clean are there any clubs etc
    I went there for an interview and I was the only one who asked to be shown around the labs. They certainly seemed to have all the necessary equipment but as a 'layman' I wouldnt really have known if anything was missing..

The lady who interviewed me and showed me around was really nice. There were certain aspects that reminded me of the corridors of a comprehensive school, but the downstairs reception and foyer looked smart and new. It's really close to Oxford circus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dropdeadfred2)
    I went there for an interview and I was the only one who asked to be shown around the labs. They certainly seemed to have all the necessary equipment but as a 'layman' I wouldnt really have known if anything was missing..

The lady who interviewed me and showed me around was really nice. There were certain aspects that reminded me of the corridors of a comprehensive school, but the downstairs reception and foyer looked smart and new. It's really close to Oxford circus.
    I can't wait until I visit the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imson)

How come three times?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneWayOfLife?)
    How come three times?
    Once for an Open day , Second for applicant day, Third for an Orientation Day (where they talk about the changes to the course title an content)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imson)
    Once for an Open day , Second for applicant day, Third for an Orientation Day (where they talk about the changes to the course title an content)
    What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    It's a nicer campus than mine (which would be easy. We're still in a tent)

They always have terrorist alert warnings in place and searches so someone cares about your safety I'm sure

The toilets are ok... (to be fair the only time I've ever been in the building apart from to buy a book)

Oh and someone got caught having sex on the sofas last year there

The SU (intermission) is at the campus opposite baker street. But there are good pubs near by and you can get to places like the roxy by foot easily

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.