Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If someone you fancy asks you... watch

• View Poll Results: If someone you fancy asks you if you fancy them, do you tell the truth?
    Yes
    59.90%
    No
    12.18%
    You'd run away or avoid the question
    27.92%

ReputationRep:
    i'd kind of say yes in a jokey way and see how he takes it then if he likes the idea/seems okay with it i'd eventually end up being serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancex100)
    i'd kind of say yes in a jokey way and see how he takes it then if he likes the idea/seems okay with it i'd eventually end up being serious
    Do you fancy me? :hubba:

:rolleyes:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    So....sammy boy, who is this then eh?

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't be too harsh or direct if i didn't fancy them back and if i did i sure as hell would let them know some subtle way or another
    [i'm aware ive misread the q a tiny but but you get the gist(sp)]

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes I would. Then if they weren't inclined in my direction at all I've play it off and tell them I didn't like them any more in the coming months.

then swallow sadness

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, straight away. But I'd follow up with I know I've got no chance with him because I don't think he likes me and I believe he is out of my league. I wouldn't say it in a depressive way though, I'd tease him with it and say I'm cool with it because he's a good friend and I'm old enough to know that you can't always get what you want in life.

His/our friends (guys) asked me once when we were Freshers and I asked why they were asking and the guy said because Jen* (one of my/our girl friends who did know I like him) had told him. She immediately got upset and denied having told him anything, which made my feeble 'no' in answer to the question seem a bit silly as she had basically, in her denial of telling my secrets, told the guys that yes, I did fancy him. :sigh:
    Everyone knows now anyway, because of my inability to refrain from writing my thoughts on his Facebook wall when drunk. :sigh: :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Not unless I know they fancy me back. The other way just leads to embarrassment..

ReputationRep:
    Is this a hypothetical, or...

"Hey, I was wondering... do you like me? You know, as more than a friend?"

"Hmm. Got to go check what TSR thinks."

ReputationRep:
    They would only ask if they liked you back, or if they were taking the piss. So it's either/or.

What a contribution haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    :no: :afraid:

But actually, it depends...
    Nicely done.

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah I would. No point in not taking a chance eh? UNLESS it was someone I wasn't supposed to like (like someone else's boyfriend) and it would get me into trouble. In which case, I'd probably try to lie. I'm just not a very good liar.

All of this is hypothetical tho, my current bf never asked, we just kind of... ended up together :P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novadragon849)
    I know I would, cause usually they only ask you this question if they like you back, well at least from my experience.
    exactly what i was gonna say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got asked this by a guy a couple of years back, and I got all nervous and just said no really quickly. Oh God, what a dumb person I was since I really liked him and still kind of do
    I can just never tell if they're joking or not :/
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/console.gif

ReputationRep:
    yeah a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    So....sammy boy, who is this then eh?
    No one
    Seriously no one, just was bored lol.

ReputationRep:
    yes least then yoo know where you stand

(Original post by D-Day)
    Nicely done.
    lol?

Thanks... :king1:

ReputationRep:
    yeah I would..

ReputationRep:
    I would!

ReputationRep:
    You just say

"Yes."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.