Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[Men]Advice/tips on where to shop (highstreet,internet, independent shop...) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Here we can write our experience about any shop or website and recommend good places to go shopping.(affordable prices )

I like river island but can be a bit pricey.

Zara is stylish but so bad quality.

ReputationRep:
    ASOS.com for fashionable items
    MandMdirect.com for t-shirts / sports wear
    I like new look mens stuff, Next is always good too

ReputationRep:
    I know you asked for affordable but I'm gona say Ted Baker. Its probably my favourite brand atm and during sale periods some really nice bargins can be found.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.savile-row.co.uk/ can be good for shirts/ties - slightly pricey, but what you get is good.

ReputationRep:
    Urban outfitters have some nice stuff atm.

ReputationRep:
    American Apparel.

ReputationRep:
    I am a fan of pri-mark, sports and soccer, walmart, any cheap sports shop, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tricks)
    I know you asked for affordable but I'm gona say Ted Baker. Its probably my favourite brand atm and during sale periods some really nice bargins can be found.
    SNAP.

£33 for a pair of Ted Baker jeans from Asos yesterday

Honestly Ted Baker is actually my favourite brand, their stuff is so different to the vast majority of mens clothing around. I want to get a job in one of their shops so I can get staff discount:o:

ReputationRep:
    I love Marks and Spencer. Pretty simple, good quality, durable clothing to be found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    I love Marks and Spencer. Pretty simple, good quality, durable clothing to be found.
    No thanks, I'd rather not leave the house if the alternative was leaving the house dressed in clothes from M&S.

M&S food, yes. M&S clothing, God no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    No thanks, I'd rather not leave the house if the alternative was leaving the house dressed in clothes from M&S.

M&S food, yes. M&S clothing, God no.
    Heh, well that's personal choice, I was just throwing out a suggestion. Maybe a Fred Perry full tracksuit is more to your liking?

ReputationRep:
    Heh, well that's personal choice, I was just throwing out a suggestion. Maybe a Fred Perry full tracksuit is more to your liking?
    If you mean in comparison to M&S clothing then YES PLS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    If you mean in comparison to M&S clothing then YES PLS.
    Oh dear. What's the objection then, I sense you're dying to tell me?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. What's the objection then, I sense you're dying to tell me?
    Not really:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd avoid having a matching outfit with my parents.

ReputationRep:
    M&S do nice jacket and pj...that's all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Personally I'd avoid having a matching outfit with my parents.
    Meh, I work on a dress smart think smart principle. It helps me at exam time for sure, and I just feel a bit more sleek dressed smart casual.

They do good boxers too.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I work on a dress smart think smart principle. It helps me at exam time for sure, and I just feel a bit more sleek dressed smart casual.

They do good boxers too.
    You can dress smart without shopping at M&S... In fact a lot of designers atm seem to be mainly smart stuff, with the exception of, surprisingly, Armani.

But yeah, their boxers are good, wearing some now. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There's looking smart, and then there's looking like a care assistant who lives with his mum and knows all the words to every song from Wicked.

No one under the age of 35 should really be buying anything aside from sandwiches, boxers and gifts for their grandparents from Marks and Spencers. Its entirely possible to be classy and well presented without shopping there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bete noire)
    There's looking smart, and then there's looking like a care assistant who lives with his mum and knows all the words to every song from Wicked.

No one under the age of 35 should really be buying anything aside from sandwiches, boxers and gifts for their grandparents from Marks and Spencers. Its entirely possible to be classy and well presented without shopping there
    It's ok to buy general food from there though. Their cheesecake is :coma:

Tbh people keep telling me that their suits are cheap and decent, but I managed to get a designer suit for 50 quid in some random shop on Oxford Street so no thanks!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.