Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    I find most of them laughable because it requires the competency of too many people to make them work - especially the ones that involve governments.
    It could be true you know, as they are already talking about reducing the human population race down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowdeni)
    like a plane didn't hit the pentagon
    A plane did hit the pentagon, but who was flying it? And why were theyre white lines on the pentagon lawn a few days before 9/11 that led right up to the crash spot, almost like a guiding track.

ReputationRep:
    The Illuminati stuff sounds real to some extent, and so does the huge financial benefits the USA apparently enjoyed after World War II and another wat I forgot the name of.
    And the whole Grand Lodge stuff involved with the Freemason world, and how world leaders are part of it, seems to give it a bit more truth too.

ReputationRep:
    new world order and bilderberg are obviously true.
    lizard men are obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's wrong to lump all 'conspiracy theories' into a box and dismiss them all. While many conspiracy theories are ludicrous, there are some which do make you think.

For example, I have no problem dismissing the vast majority of conspiracy theories regarding 9/11; however, the alleged plane crash into the Pentagon doesn't seem plausible to me. The damage to the building does not resemble the impact you would expect had the building been hit by a Boeing 757. Unfortunately, the US government's unwillingness to release further CCTV footage of the plane crash does not help the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)
    A plane did hit the pentagon.
    How can you be so sure? You can't see a plane in the CCTV footage that was released last year.

ReputationRep:
    I have my suspicions about them :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Paul is dead and Flat Earth Society make me :rofl:

I think there aren't so much conspiracy theories, as there are really bad explanations from the goverment :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)
    A plane did hit the pentagon, but who was flying it? And why were theyre white lines on the pentagon lawn a few days before 9/11 that led right up to the crash spot, almost like a guiding track.
    Source?

(Original post by Deano-101)
    x
    Have you actually read the primary sources or just going off of those poor quality YouTube videos?

ReputationRep:
    What of conspiracy theories? There are thousands upon thousands of them, some are fairly plausible others are not. You can't group them all together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bax-man)
    Source?

Have you actually read the primary sources or just going off of those poor quality YouTube videos?

The primary sources are in the videos if you watch them.

And they're poor quality how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damask)
    I think it's wrong to lump all 'conspiracy theories' into a box and dismiss them all. While many conspiracy theories are ludicrous, there are some which do make you think.

For example, I have no problem dismissing the vast majority of conspiracy theories regarding 9/11; however, the alleged plane crash into the Pentagon doesn't seem plausible to me. The damage to the building does not resemble the impact you would expect had the building been hit by a Boeing 757. Unfortunately, the US government's unwillingness to release further CCTV footage of the plane crash does not help the situation.
    Maybe, but given that it resembles the damage engineers would expect, I'm going to go with their judgement seeing as they're experts and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    Maybe, but given that it resembles the damage engineers would expect, I'm going to go with their judgement seeing as they're experts and everything.
    I'm not surprised, bearing in mind the repercussions engineers (and such) would face if they were to dispute the official explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano-101)
    The primary sources are in the videos if you watch them.

And they're poor quality how?
    No. I mean did you read the Bloomberg Reports article from video 1, for example? I was honestly cringing whilst watching those videos - does he actually believe this is all some form of global conspiracy? Be objective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bax-man)
    No. I mean did you read the Bloomberg Reports article from video 1, for example? I was honestly cringing whilst watching those videos - does he actually believe this is all some form of global conspiracy? Be objective.
    Yes I read the bloomberg articles, after watching the videos.

This isn't a conspiracy. It's provable, albeit it's currently in motion and hasn't happened just yet.

I am being objective, the facts speak for themselves. Are you trying to deny these things havn't happened or aren't happening? (The establishment of a NWO)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damask)
    I'm not surprised, bearing in mind the repercussions engineers (and such) would face if they were to dispute the official explanation.
    Are you trolling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    Are you trolling?
    No, I'm not. Why don't you google 'pentagon hole' and decide for yourself whether you think the damage caused by whatever happened there that day resembles the sort of damage you would expect from a Boeing 757.

As I've said before, I readily dismiss every other conspiracy theory that's out there regarding 9/11 but it's really not possible for a rational person to digest the official explanation on this particular matter. Having said that, I am a reasonable person and if the US government was willing to disclose further CCTV footage that captured the plane crashing into the Pentagon, I'm willing to reconsider my position.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone used to listen to The Night Before on Kerrang! Radio with Nick Margerison? Three hours of conspiracy theories and interviews with nutters. xD

I believe in some conspiracy theories, such as the one about JFK, some I completely dismiss, such as anything said by David Icke, and some I'm not too sure about, for example, the 9/11 ones.

ReputationRep:
    Some conspiracy theories are completely stupid but some such as 9/11 and JFK have some very interesting evidence behind them if people can be bothered to read it.

In regard to 9/11; the whole Building 7 demolition argument is quite interesting including the famous Larry Silverstein "Pull It" interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYdAJQV100

The thing that always makes me wonder about conspiracy theories though, is if they are so stupid and blatantly wrong like everybody says they are, why don't governments and agencies just come out and provide evidence to publicly disprove them?

ReputationRep:
    the clue is in the name

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.