Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damask)
    No, I'm not. Why don't you google 'pentagon hole' and decide for yourself whether you think the damage caused by whatever happened there that day resembles the sort of damage you would expect from a Boeing 757.

As I've said before, I readily dismiss every other conspiracy theory that's out there regarding 9/11 but it's really not possible for a rational person to digest the official explanation on this particular matter. Having said that, I am a reasonable person and if the US government was willing to disclose further CCTV footage that captured the plane crashing into the Pentagon, I'm willing to reconsider my position.
    Broadly it does, but I'm no civil engineer or mechanical engineer so I have no idea what would happen to the building/plane on impact. There aren't many buildings built like the pentagon.

In response to your earlier question, supposing it was a conspiracy, do you really think the government would do anything to anyone who spoke out, that would only fuel the conspiracy theories. Top engineers haven't spoken out in favour of the conspiracy theory because its BS based on what lay people think would happen if a plane hit a building, having only ever seen that sort of thing in films.

Also, I'll refer you to: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.asp

That explanation seems to make perfect sense to me.

I wouldn't consider anyone to have rationally thought about this when they decide that it was a mass government conspiracy to kill their own people, and yet no one from the government has come forward about it. To think any government could keep that many people quiet for so long is absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously watch the first minute of this:

It is part of a US tv show and was released six months BEFORE the 9/11 attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damask)
    No, I'm not. Why don't you google 'pentagon hole' and decide for yourself whether you think the damage caused by whatever happened there that day resembles the sort of damage you would expect from a Boeing 757.

As I've said before, I readily dismiss every other conspiracy theory that's out there regarding 9/11 but it's really not possible for a rational person to digest the official explanation on this particular matter. Having said that, I am a reasonable person and if the US government was willing to disclose further CCTV footage that captured the plane crashing into the Pentagon, I'm willing to reconsider my position.
    I saw some university recreate the plane hitting the pentagon on a compute model, and the hole looked pretty much the same.

Everything as u'd expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowdeni)
    I saw some university recreate the plane hitting the pentagon on a compute model, and the hole looked pretty much the same.

Everything as u'd expect.
    Sorry, but that won't wash. Obviously it's much more likely that the government secretly interfered with that computer model.

I mean come on, I'm no expert or nuffink, but a plane would make a plane shaped hole.

ReputationRep:
    I think conspiracy theories are great as a work of fiction, fiction being all they are.

ReputationRep:
    I think their a bunch of ****, I think they do it for fun.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not quite sure what happened with Roswell. The Government admitted to one cover up, and there were numerous reports from high ranking army people of the debris being switched for weather balloon debris, so all we have to go on of what was originally there is what the Government told us. However as much as I would love to believe there were aliens, I don't.

Also something dodgy about JFK's assassination.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.