Turn on thread page Beta

What people think of GCSE grades etc watch

ReputationRep:
    People make fun of me for my GCSE results, but I gave up caring what they think a long time ago. Try and do the same, it makes you a lot happier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Depends on the person really, if the person is very arrogant and boastful about their results (must be said with intention not accidental) then this is trhe case were i would not like such people.

However, in your case i see nothing wrong, you humble about your results and i respect you for that. The exam/revision thign is stupid, some people don't need to do a lot of revision because their work was put in during class time months beforehand whereas some need thast little reminder. Judging someone on that would be like saying somebody is crazy because they use a blue instead of black pen.

you must have done pretty well in your gcse's though? applying to do med at birmingham when they wont even consider you with less than 8 a*?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, some really intelligent people here

ReputationRep:
    Dude dont worry, you did extremely well of which you should be proud of, some people just have the knack for exams others don't. I do hardly any revision but still do very well, half of it is knowing the stuff, half of it is knowing how exams work and how to answer the questions.

ReputationRep:
    This is something that you should be proud of. Well done

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good thing as it shows you're a serious, hard-working (or not in your case :P), knowledgeable person. Be proud of your results, but don't put others down if they didn't get as good results as you did. If people hate you for your grades, then they just hate themselves for not trying harder.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.