Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You can eeeeasily have a GOOD night out in Newcastle for a tenner! That's 5 trebles man!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah that may be so. But you have £5 entry as well don't forget. I think my problem is that I don't get drunk enough before I go out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at uni yet but i currently live on £200/month. I usually spend £20 on food a week and the rest goes on whatever (used to be mostly travel, but seeing as college is finished it's now mostly spent on booze ). Actually thinking about it i waste waaaay too much money lol.

As for books i ain't gonna buy any until a few weeks in when i've had a look through the recommended ones/talked to a second year about which ones were most useful. I'll then try and get them second hand, i'd borrow them but i'm awful at returning them on time and don't think i could handle the fines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleandMangoPie)
    Ive been trying to work out how much i'll need a month (minus accommodation and tuition fees) to have at uni.
    Ive read the recommendations but some of the figures seem overexaggerated to me! I wanted to ask how much do you guys spend a month at uni for food/sport/books/transport/drink etc please?

At the moment, Im thinking around the 300 quid mark a month?
    Freshers, i spent £600, i suppose freshers may be costly due to other stuff i did not have with me. e.g. Bedding, night out clothes and shoes, kettle, pans, cluttery, iron board, etc, university books (believe it or not, the library doesnt have it all and drinks on freshers)

My shopping budget was £50 average at Mark and Spencers. £300 a month is enough, well enough, i'd say try if possible to minimise it to £150 - £200. Depends how well you want to manage your money, i spent £7300 in one year (minus accommodation and tuition) and it shows i wasted alot of money and could have bought a car.

ReputationRep:
    With no parental help, but with all of the loans and grants that Student Finance give me, I worked out my budget at about £77 a week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for £50-60 a week, which I recon I can manage as I'm good with money.

University open days

1. Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Northumbria University
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  3. Northumbria University
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.