Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    having a gorgeous smile and like smiling your way and saying hi :coma:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive tried approaching girls a few times recently to improve my confidence, even if its just small talk. Today I walked past a girl, smiled at her she smiled back but then I got shy and her friends came out so I kept walking. I think sometimes being black makes it harder to chat up girls, due to sterotype of all being players etc . In addition I dont think I have a nice nice lol

nice smile*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    :love: thanks

thats one weird fetish!

and also winking is great, especially if you're a bit cheeky too .... goes to check your profile out... xx
    :lovedup: it's alright

Yh I'm quite good at winking actually <<< see I told you so. And I've got a cheeky grin to match with it , sounds like a good combination , right ?

Hey , I didn't give you permsiion to view my profile :ninja: , only joking. Don't read it though , just skim read it , it's quite long a boring and un-interesting , but in real life , I'm a great person to be with , and quite flirty aswell , I guess .

I've already seen your profile , and I like what I see . Was a good read aswell . Cutie pie xD

ReputationRep:
    These poor guys are being told that the key is to not be creepy, but shouldn't we advise them on how to avoid creepiness? I'm a girl and I don't even know what makes a guy or any person creepy, they just.....are sometimes.

I like to be approached with a smile, a simple introduction, maybe a "how is your night going?" and if things go well, a drink together is always a good ice breaker.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing elaborate or premeditated. Just a friendly, casual "hi" would suffice provided they're able to hold a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    :lovedup: it's alright

Yh I'm quite good at winking actually <<< see I told you so. And I've got a cheeky grin to match with it , sounds like a good combination , right ?

Hey , I didn't give you permsiion to view my profile :ninja: , only joking. Don't read it though , just skim read it , it's quite long a boring and un-interesting , but in real life , I'm a great person to be with , and quite flirty aswell , I guess .

I've already seen your profile , and I like what I see . Was a good read aswell . Cutie pie xD
    Hahah i did it without your permission :P And i read it all and you seem just fine

And you're right that does sound like a great combination

Loving the :ninja: smilie
    how are you?
    xx

Say in a bar, after you say hi...you dont really know if the girl thinks ur hot or not. When shes probably already decided if shes gona give you a chance or not. How can us men tell when things aint obviously gona happen and we should leave? And after the hi part....then what? Ive seen nice guys go up to girls saying hi, and the dirty / snobby looks given are so deep sometimes lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    having a gorgeous smile and like smiling your way and saying hi :coma:
    Agreed :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I would like to know too :sad:
    That's why you needed my thread idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Say in a bar, after you say hi...you dont really know if the girl thinks ur hot or not. When shes probably already decided if shes gona give you a chance or not. How can us men tell when things aint obviously gona happen and we should leave? And after the hi part....then what? Ive seen nice guys go up to girls saying hi, and the dirty / snobby looks given are so deep sometimes lol
    Wrong kind of girls?
    Anyway, I'd say that appearance is null and void when it's overcome by charm. So, really, unless the target is disgustingly shallow, first impressions (as far as looks go) aren't that important - imo. It's up to you to make things happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PBTimmeh)
    That's why you needed my thread idea!
    ???

ReputationRep:
    smile and be friendly...preferably break the ice with a light hearted joke...or a genuine compliment...whichevers easier..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    ???
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post20274354

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Hahah i did it without your permission :P And i read it all and you seem just fine

And you're right that does sound like a great combination

Loving the :ninja: smilie
    how are you?
    xx
    Lol , next time ask :ninja: , only joking . You read it all ?. You must be tired after reading all of that lol !.

Well what can I say , if I ever see you I'll have to use that combo on you :awesome:

And I'm great thanks , feeling even better now after speaking to you. That was really cheesy lmao !. Nah but honestly I'm good , how about you ? xD

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Lol , next time ask :ninja: , only joking . You read it all ?. You must be tired after reading all of that lol !.

Well what can I say , if I ever see you I'll have to use that combo on you :awesome:

And I'm great thanks , feeling even better now after speaking to you. That was really cheesy lmao !. Nah but honestly I'm good , how about you ? xD

xx
    I thought I'd pass some time

Haha go for it :awesome:

:hahaha: oh dear was that a cheesy chat up? hahahahah

I'm goood thankyou I'm a bit tired though, so the quality of my replies may suffer! xx

(Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Wrong kind of girls?
    Anyway, I'd say that appearance is null and void when it's overcome by charm. So, really, unless the target is disgustingly shallow, first impressions (as far as looks go) aren't that important - imo. It's up to you to make things happen.

What are good ways to present yourself as a charmer without coming across as cocky? Im aiming to improve my luck with girls over the next year. So need to start at the basics.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Cringeworthy.

Take it to PM's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovewaffles)
    as long as you're not rude/creepy, you should have no problems.
    people who say you have to act confident/arrogant are wrong, shy guys are cute.
    Am I the only one who finds shy and awkward people creepy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgreig)
    Cringeworthy.

Take it to PM's.
    Lmao, this.

ReputationRep:
    "i didn't know they could literally raise hell"

(a jokey way of saying a girl is unattractive, not that she is or unattractive)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.