Turn on thread page Beta

[girls]how do you like to be approched? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What are good ways to present yourself as a charmer without coming across as cocky? Im aiming to improve my luck with girls over the next year. So need to start at the basics.:confused:
    PM me

But keys:

Confidence Confidence Confidence
    Dress well and don't be a slob, take care of yourself
    Don't use chat up lines
    Know your limits and don't go after the amazing girls if you can't get them
    Be friendly and talk normally, they're just a normal human being
    Tease
    Show of your strengths (no I don't mean flex in front of them)
    Don't act desperate

that is just a few... but yeah.

Tim

EDIT: If you want to 'improve you luck with the ladies' I guess you have had no luck as you say so far. So approaching random girls will be to much for you to do, yet. That will be after a bit more experience after speaking through friends of your friends. Level 1 - getting a girl you meet socially, Level 2 - 'Pulling' a random girl, level 3 - Marriage

(Original post by Trigger)
    From behind
    Rapist

ReputationRep:
    By a Male, although it rarely happens. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I thought I'd pass some time

Haha go for it :awesome:

:hahaha: oh dear was that a cheesy chat up? hahahahah

I'm goood thankyou I'm a bit tired though, so the quality of my replies may suffer! xx
    , the only reason I clicked on your profile is because I though you was someone else , but I don't regret it now , you're lovely :blush:

Yh I done it on purpose lmao ! , I'm glad your ok , you should be happy , because you've put a smile on someones face today , and that person's me

Yh I'm pretty tired aswell , but don't worry. if you don't reply , I'll PM you another day , I mean it's not as if I'm going to forget someone as nice as you is it ?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    , the only reason I clicked on your profile is because I though you was someone else , but I don't regret it now , you're lovely :blush:

Yh I done it on purpose lmao ! , I'm glad your ok , you should be happy , because you've put a smile on someones face today , and that person's me

Yh I'm pretty tired aswell , but don't worry. if you don't reply , I'll PM you another day , I mean it's not as if I'm going to forget someone as nice as you is it ?

xx
    awww :love: you've made me smile now

and sure, let's pm another day

night! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Am I the only one who finds shy and awkward people creepy?
    i think its better to be shy and a little awkward than loud and arrogant. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    awww :love: you've made me smile now

and sure, let's pm another day

night! xxx
    , I'm glad I've made you smile xD

Good night :lovedup:

xxx

(Original post by PBTimmeh)
    PM me

But keys:

Confidence Confidence Confidence
    Dress well and don't be a slob, take care of yourself
    Don't use chat up lines
    Know your limits and don't go after the amazing girls if you can't get them
    Be friendly and talk normally, they're just a normal human being
    Tease
    Show of your strengths (no I don't mean flex in front of them)
    Don't act desperate

that is just a few... but yeah.

Tim

EDIT: If you want to 'improve you luck with the ladies' I guess you have had no luck as you say so far. So approaching random girls will be to much for you to do, yet. That will be after a bit more experience after speaking through friends of your friends. Level 1 - getting a girl you meet socially, Level 2 - 'Pulling' a random girl, level 3 - Marriage

Cheers for those tips I'll take note. Nah my luck with girls is weird. Had a longg term relationship (2years). And since then ive relised that she was the best thing to happen to me, and that letting her go was the worst desision I have ever made and theres not a day I dont regret my actions. After that I was in a weird twilight for a bit getting with randoms and having fun.

Then had a 2nd girlfriend, things didnt go so smooth and that ended as quick as it started when she dumped me for no real good reason and outta the blue. My confidence took a HUGE knock after that (partly blame myself for liking her too much when she didnt feel the same away and wasnt good enough for me). In between the girlfriends ive seen two girls, one who I really liked failed because of distance and holiday and when we returned things were different. And the other one got a boyfriend lol.

So now after months of feeling down and sorry for myself, need to get back into my confident self again. In addition I have to live with the fact that the girl that I want so much atm has a long term boyfriend, even though she wants to also be with me she cant hurt her boyfriend whos already suspcious of us because we had a thing in the past.

So yes...women + me = disaterous luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buster_Bunny)
    Ahh yeah, like my profile pic d'ya http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/mmm.gif

Ohh dont you worry, it wont fail! http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    Yeh its pretty explicit http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/eek.gif No wonder you are temp banned http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    And I didn't try 'the tactic'... there were no victims around http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...lies/ninja.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Rapist
    :hubba:

I wish.

(Original post by Trigger)
    :hubba:

I wish.
    It wouldn't be rape, just incase it crossed your mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    It wouldn't be rape, just incase it crossed your mind
    :indiff:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Just walk up to her and say:
    "You must be a spanner, cos your making my nuts tight!"

Then, to seal the deal, jab her in the small of the back with your boner, girls LOVE that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Just walk up to her and say:
    "You must be a spanner, cos your making my nuts tight!"

Then, to seal the deal, jab her in the small of the back with your boner, girls LOVE that....
    seriously? :o:

ReputationRep:
    just comming over and saying hey.. no cheesy chat uplines!!

ReputationRep:
    just asked politely if i am available, if i would like dinner (date) and/or phone number.
    no stupid lines, none of the "hmm ill say a joke as an opening line so she thinks im funny"
    straight to the point, no time wasters.
    and if he is rejected, not to get all stupid and start calling me a lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    As long as there not rude or pervy.
    I hate when boys shout rude things at you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol i thought the title said "how do you like to be poached?"

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamooshka)
    the key is not to be creepy
    darn

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite a shy girl, and I'd suggest just making small talk at first. Strike up a conversation about something interesting but non-personal (not the weather, that's boring!), a question like Honey_89 said is a really good idea. Once you get the conversation flowing you can start to direct it down a more flirty path. Take it slow, don't do anything you feel uncomfortable with and if you are getting short or one-word answers you won't get anywhere so give up and move on! Lol, hope it helps!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.