Turn on thread page Beta

Would I Ever Make It In Hollywood As An Arab? watch

• View Poll Results: Would I Make It In Hollywood As An Arab/Muslim Movie Director/Writer?
    You can make it, this is not a problem anymore.
    28.85%
    Go for it, you never know.
    28.85%
    Don't run the risk of this, at least have a safety job first.
    32.69%
    Forget it, you'll never make it because there are, indeed Jewish people who won't let you go far, and no one will work with you.
    36.54%

ReputationRep:
    As the title states, would I ever make it in Hollywood as an Arab? Basicly, I'm a Bahraini Muslim who has a great passion for movies and thinks and has been told to have a talent for it. Basicly, I want to write and direct movies in Hollywood as opposed to doing it locally, because movies and TV shows here just SUCK; and I despise the whole thing.

Anyways, I have around 17 script ideas, some not fully developed but I have at least 6 of them that I know would definetly come to be something; but that doesn't worry me for the time being, I know the risks of no success in the business because some movies never make the theatres, but is dealt with from another angle. But the thing is, my parents want me to study business or accounting, which I had originally set to do, but I realized that it wasn't at all what I wanted.

The thing is, I'm scared about not getting my scripts or me directing the movie in Hollywood. I'm going to speak frankly, which may result in your anger; but I am often told and assured, that many of the companies and the people who finance the movies or work in making them, are Jewish people; in Hollywood. This leads to the assumption that no one will buy my scripts or hire me to be a director, despite any future studies or majors in filmmaking and so on. This, eventually, leads me to question my decision about studying Film & Theatre.

My question is, despite any future shortcomings about my movies or if I become a good movie director/writer, do you think that there are actually many Jewish people in Hollywood, most of which, if not all, will not grant me any finance for my movies or buy my scripts and whatnot, despite the quality of the script and my work; and yes, I thought about how they don't want muslims spreading their theories in Hollywood, but I already decided upon myself that when I do my movies, I will market it in a way to make it viewable by the global and American audience; which I do by not including Islamic views and values [nothing apparent, that would definetly be classified as islamic] or basing my script on Christian characters and based on the culture of Americans and other popular societies such as the British.

Now, do you KNOW or THINK that I'll ever make it there as a movie director/writer, for the simple fact that I'm an Arab muslim? Or is the world more global now, where I do not have the risk of this indecency?

Any comment, advice, answer or general feedback is welcome; I am very torn by this dilemma which can result in the reality of me not reaching for the dreams of which I have so passionately fended off my parents' conflict of interest to pursue.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're worried about it just change your name to Roberto Sanchez.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's a gap in the hollywood market for arab actors :rolleyes:
    Hmmm, I wonder what kind of hollywood movies will need arab actors...

ReputationRep:
    Chances are its your talent which dictates how successful, not your ethnicity or race.

ReputationRep:
    I could change my name Lol :P But I'd rather not lie about my identity, and I kinda have standards and principals :P Nothing pretentious, but I believe that we should be whoever we want to be. Kinda the dilemma >_>

PS, I'm not after actors :P I wanna direct and write movies

ReputationRep:
    My chemistry teacher who is an arab got married to an arab actor recently. He's appeared in Lost and some other shows but he changed his name though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanekeane)
    Well if you're worried about it just change your name to Roberto Sanchez.
    Lol! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adnan Al Alawi)
    movies and TV shows here just SUCK; and I despise the whole thing.
    In which case it appears that you have the lack of taste, intelligence and imagination to 'make it' there. Go, my son.

ReputationRep:
    As the title states, would I ever make it in Hollywood as an Arab? Basicly, I'm a Bahraini Muslim who has a great passion for movies and thinks and has been told to have a talent for it. Basicly, I want to write and direct movies in Hollywood as opposed to doing it locally, because movies and TV shows here just SUCK; and I despise the whole thing.

Anyways, I have around 17 script ideas, some not fully developed but I have at least 6 of them that I know would definetly come to be something; but that doesn't worry me for the time being, I know the risks of no success in the business because some movies never make the theatres, but is dealt with from another angle. But the thing is, my parents want me to study business or accounting, which I had originally set to do, but I realized that it wasn't at all what I wanted.

The thing is, I'm scared about not getting my scripts or me directing the movie in Hollywood. I'm going to speak frankly, which may result in your anger; but I am often told and assured, that many of the companies and the people who finance the movies or work in making them, are Jewish people; in Hollywood. This leads to the assumption that no one will buy my scripts or hire me to be a director, despite any future studies or majors in filmmaking and so on. This, eventually, leads me to question my decision about studying Film & Theatre.

My question is, despite any future shortcomings about my movies or if I become a good movie director/writer, do you think that there are actually many Jewish people in Hollywood, most of which, if not all, will not grant me any finance for my movies or buy my scripts and whatnot, despite the quality of the script and my work; and yes, I thought about how they don't want muslims spreading their theories in Hollywood, but I already decided upon myself that when I do my movies, I will market it in a way to make it viewable by the global and American audience; which I do by not including Islamic views and values [nothing apparent, that would definetly be classified as islamic] or basing my script on Christian characters and based on the culture of Americans and other popular societies such as the British.

Now, do you KNOW or THINK that I'll ever make it there as a movie director/writer, for the simple fact that I'm an Arab muslim? Or is the world more global now, where I do not have the risk of this indecency?

Any comment, advice, answer or general feedback is welcome; I am very torn by this dilemma which can result in the reality of me not reaching for the dreams of which I have so passionately fended off my parents' conflict of interest to pursue.
    No the Jews control the world including Hollywood and wouldn't let anyone Arab anywhere near their gold for fear of you seeing their horns. Grow up and stop falling for anti-Semitic conspiracy ****.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    it has naff all to do with you being an Arab.

it's has everything to do with your lack or training, contacts and experience. the end.

ReputationRep:
    You can play the bad guy. Every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyPilgrim)
    Trying to get to Hollywood to carry out your terrorist attacks?

I should have guessed.
    Omfglulz ur so funi harhar, luv teh sarcasmz

ReputationRep:
    Who thought Obama, as a black man, would become President?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Who thought Obama, as a black man, would become President?
    The Jewish Zionist Illuminati. They used Fox to brainwash everyone into voting for him... wait.

ReputationRep:
    Don't delude yourself, stick to what you do best, pumping black gold.

ReputationRep:
    @ Foxo: You don't get it, 95% of all TV shows here are drama, where EVERYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG HAS, the lack of camera angles coordination, the overblown drama, the same dilemmas shared in all the shows, the same acting dimension; the concentration on Egyptian accents over the other arabic ones, and much more to cry about. I'm quite the movie fanatic, and my knowledge of foreign cultures is all but feeble.

@ BillyPilgrim: Grow up, this is serious.

@ Roberto_Ferrari: Name me one famous Arab in Hollywood.

@ Francescarella: The lack of trainning and so on has more to do with me not having studied yet, that can be managed if I choose to pursue this career. The lack of contacts isn't really something new; people need to do low key stuff before they get to do big projects; and there are people who are agents, they set you up.

@ The other likes of BillyPilgrim, if all you have is an annoying comment which has to do with racial profiling, please don't. These threads aren't for trolling.

(Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Yeah, there's a gap in the hollywood market for arab actors :rolleyes:
    Hmmm, I wonder what kind of hollywood movies will need arab actors...
    LOL.

You could always just be a brown guy in movies. Like Sacha Baren Cohen is brownish and plays brown guys :yep: You don't need to play an Arab just because you are one .

And :rofl: at the casual anti semitism. Well, atleast you're a good muslim .

ReputationRep:
    @ Roberto_Ferrari: Name me one famous Arab in Hollywood.
    Yes that really means there's a Jewish conspiracy :rolleyes: Maybe Arabs aren't good actors or are too busy planning other things you facking idiot.

ReputationRep:
    There is one thing all these responses have overlooked.

After the vietnam war, tons of american movies were made about the war.
    With conflict involving arabs in 2 or 3 places at the moment, we can expect a good few movies about this in a few years.

You should use it to your advantage

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Omfglulz ur so funi harhar, luv teh sarcasmz
    Seriously learn to spell. Christ the education system has failed some people.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.