Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

weight training??? what do you think? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi
    I am looking for some advice on building some muscle. I am 21yrs old 5ft 7in tall and weigh 130 pounds. About 2 yrs ago i had lost a lot of weight however i gained it all back last summer. Since then no matter how much cardio i do i cannot lose anything!! My body is vey flabby especially in the thigh area and i am looking to ''tighten'' everything up (hope that makes sense!!). Do you think i should keep focusing on just cardio or start doing some weight training to build some muscle?

A friend of mine recomened this routine, what do you think?
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...ody-bible.html
    (I will not be following the suppliment advice of this routine)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    yes, definitely build some muscle and do cardio to get your body fat percentage down. The site you mentioned is very good for all sorts of info regarding training etc. The more muscle your body has, the more fat you body will burn when resting.

ReputationRep:
    seems a good workout. Make sure you have a controlled and balance diet.

ReputationRep:
    Remember when building muscle diet is more important than the workout. Hell, some people can build muscle just by eating more...

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help! an suggestions on what kind of diet should i be following?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carly_23)
    thanks for your help! an suggestions on what kind of diet should i be following?
    Cut out rubbish like sweets, chocolate, fizzy drinks, takeaways, fast food - although allow yourself a treat once a week or once a fortnight, otherwise you'll just resent your diet.

Aim for about 40% protein, 30% carbohydrate, 30% fat.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a good guide, good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.