Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any?

Because the "Hello, have you got any part time work available?" doesn't really work.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Go everywhere, have a CV on you all the time you're looking, go to the far out places that people won't think of, and don't specify part time when you ask - it closes too many doors from the start.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tip

ReputationRep:
    i gave out like 75 CV's and no one called me with an offer. im afraid my tips wont work as well.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Look at websites, and in your local paper. Ask your friends/family if they know anywhere with vacancies. Or go to an agency.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be picky and try sites like gumtree and jobcentreplus.

ReputationRep:
    does gumtree and jobplus sites actually work?
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I handed out 30cvs the other saturday and i got a call back yesterday and an interview today... I was quite lucky but the job isn't til october... I tried like jewelery stores and stuff like that but yu need to start somewhere just so if they ask if yu have retail experience yu can say yes.. i started with dominos and now im trying to get a job in warehouse or oasis or somewhere... x

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion handing out CVs is a waste of time and effort if you are going to uni, because the shops just look at it and see you wont be around for long.

I have no idea how im going to make enough money for next year at uni

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.