Turn on thread page Beta

Best way to curl hair without using curling tongs? watch

ReputationRep:
    if it has a natural curl to it, mousse and scrunch with a diffuser. If not, french plait it when wet and leave it overnight to get wavy hair, or use heated rollers on dry hair/normal rollers on wet hair to get curls. They all really work for me and I have very very straight thick hair that normally doesn't do what it's told

or what figure it out says but I don't have the patience for all that faff

ReputationRep:
    Electrocute yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figure-it-out)
    wash your hair in the evening, without using too much conditioner as i find this makes the waves fall out. whilst wet, without any drying, scrunch hair repeateadly until the curls become defined. then you can either plait tightly (better when french plaited) or screw up into a high bun. if you do the bun, it's a bit more effort but looks more natural i think, making sure it's tight and scrunched up. when you wake up the next morning take out all clips/bands and it will still be quite damp, scrunch a bit, then apply mousse. i then apply quite a lot of mousse and curling spray (tresemmé, really good!) if i want it curly rather than wavey. Sometimes the front bits need a quick curl with a tong but the rest is fine, especially if you separate the layers (or fake this), ie. clipping the sides up so the curls look like they fall at different levels - especially at the back this makes it really curly.

For some really curly bits, get a few wet strands before hand and coil them up into a spiral then simply pin to the head. these go really curly!

Hope this makes sense, is easier than it sounds! I love doing this to my hair.
    :yep: this. Couldn't have said it better myself
    As a routine i always put my hair in a bun before bed, and wake up in the morning with lovely waves tres gooood :P

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.