Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All my neighbour does is shout! Watch

(Original post by balloon_parade)
    He might not be coping or have the male equivalent to PND, who knows. I think it takes courage to ring up social services, just because I can imagine how intrusive it could feel, so good luck.

If they get overly angry or annoyed with your complaint then it only really proves your case further, hopefully they'll get some help. It's a shame you can't ring supernanny!
    Yea that thought also crossed my mind too - perhaps because he more or less spends every day with the kids, looking after them whilst his wife goes out to work - he may get frustrated being stuck at home! :dontknow: My mum will call social services if it gets bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    But we are the only house that is right next door to them! So they are going to know its us. I can literally hear someone walking up their stairs - that is how much I can hear - my wall is solid as well - god forbid if it was plaster board!!!
    Hmm, well if the oldest child goes to nursery, they could have reported it. Maybe as others have said, speak to the wife, but the only worrying thing would be if she stood up to him and it had negative consequences. I think keeping a log and an eye on the children's wellbeing is the best idea x

(Original post by Jellynubbin)
    Hmm, well if the oldest child goes to nursery, they could have reported it. Maybe as others have said, speak to the wife, but the only worrying thing would be if she stood up to him and it had negative consequences. I think keeping a log and an eye on the children's wellbeing is the best idea x
    I don't know if she goes to nursery, but im guessing she does as she's about 3ish . Yea that's v true - . Hmmm maybe the log and watching/listening see what happens is the best way forward and see what happens from then.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if she goes to nursery, but im guessing she does as she's about 3ish . Yea that's v true - . Hmmm maybe the log and watching/listening see what happens is the best way forward and see what happens from then.
    hope it sorts out...x

ReputationRep:
    The baby is about 1 and the girl is about 3 (i think).
    The kids could in danger/or are being abused. Kids are innocent and blameless at that age, and don't deserve to be in such a negative environment. The man clearly has some sort of problem, and his kids should not be objects to exercise his anger problems upon.

Call social services, or if the screaming gets that bad - the Police. It's surmountable too Antisocial behaviour, I think.

good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.