Turn on thread page Beta

Improving self watch

Announcements

keep anonymous or delete
    I hate myself.

I have had bad experiences with men, im really insecure and self conscious, i don't talk alot, all i can think about is my flaws, why my relationships went wrong, how much i hate my ex, im angry and hurt that people who have treated me like **** are enjoying life more than me and i feel like the most boring person in the world.

Advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    keep anonymous or delete
    I hate myself.

I have had bad experiences with men, im really insecure and self conscious, i don't talk alot, all i can think about is my flaws, why my relationships went wrong, how much i hate my ex, im angry and hurt that people who have treated me like **** are enjoying life more than me and i feel like the most boring person in the world.

Advice?
    stop.

ReputationRep:
    There isnt alot we can really say that will really help or point you in the right direction as you are the one that has to make the effort to change things, you want to but if you dont make the step to trying to improve yourself its not possible. I know it is hard not to think how you are, it is possible to get to a better point where you are happier. Start by trying to raise your confidence, intereact with people have a good time this is the best way to do that.

If you are really struggling it may be a good idea to see a professional for their opinion and help.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being boring

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame you, that would seriously piss me off to. What you need to do is forget about those people. I know it's easier said than done, but put them aside. Think about your feelings, not theirs. You are the only person who can make you happy, who can put their bad behaviour into perspective. Once you move on from how they've made you feel and let go of the hurt, being happy will become easier. Until then, you have to work at it and desperately try to look at life in the most positive aspect that you can manage. Good luck with everything, I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like youve been emotionally kicked in the balls one to many times. I dont think there is a lot of advice to give but maybe councilling would be an option if have low self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    Sounds like youve been emotionally kicked in the balls one to many times. I dont think there is a lot of advice to give but maybe councilling would be an option if have low self esteem.
    Yes, join the local council! :p:

Did you mean counselling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Yes, join the local council! :p:

Did you mean counselling?
    My bad, yeah counselling

ReputationRep:
    Make new friends or see your current friends a lot more and try to see the good/fun in the little things, i guess. Go out whenever you're invited and smile once in a while
    I was very much like you not long ago.

ReputationRep:
    Wait for someone on a forum to find the perfect solution to all of your problems that they know nothing about?

Only you know yourself, only you can change yourself.
    You just need the motivation and courage to do so.

Fly, my pretty, fly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    Wait for someone on a forum to find the perfect solution to all of your problems that they know nothing about?

Only you know yourself, only you can change yourself.
    You just need the motivation and courage to do so.

Fly, my pretty, fly.
    Maybe you were her perfect sollution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EFG)
    Maybe you were her perfect sollution?
    Probably not.
    me = :blah:

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.
    me = :blah:
    Well, I agree with what you said. :p:

OP, only you know what must be done at heart. I've read many of these type of threads and making friends, having fun etc always get said. In the end however, we can't help you with any miracle cures, only you can help yourself.

Perhaps i'm a bit of :blah: as well? Meh.

ReputationRep:
    keep anonymous or delete
    I hate myself.

Advice?
    I stopped reading there...

Man up and do something with your life, stop being such a pussy.

Depending on what you need to do, you may find the website http://www.livinglifetothefull.com/ useful. I can't reccomend any other self-help sites because most of the ones I know about are male-oriented

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EFG)
    Well, I agree with what you said. :p:

OP, only you know what must be done at heart. I've read many of these type of threads and making friends, having fun etc always get said. In the end however, we can't help you with any miracle cures, only you can help yourself.

Perhaps i'm a bit of :blah: as well? Meh.
    I think we've nailed it.

Why does the OP never respond on these types of threads?

ReputationRep:
    Do us all a favour and go kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the OP never respond on these types of threads?
    I'm guessing because they only look for quick answers for curing their situations? :confused: I don't know

Either way OP the only real advice you can take is to help yourself get through this. I'm willing to bet you already knew you should get out more and see friends / just do something social and stop looking so negatively. Easier said than done, I know, but friends are there to help you out of the quicksand you can quickly get trapped in. I've been in your situation about always thinking about flaws, appearance, generally if i'm looking stupid or not. Hell even the way I walked I critisized myself for sometimes, or the way I spoke. **** wasn't good, but i've been helping myself out of it, and you should do the same.

Oh, and i'm guessing the abundance of these sort of replies doesn't help her lack of communication:

(Original post by Jeester)
    Do us all a favour and go kill yourself.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    keep anonymous or delete
    Advice?
    Meet me :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    stop.
    Hammer time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.