Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Megami Tensei Universe Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, it's a fairly cold Summer's night and after getting moaned at in the OFF-TOPIC thread for the Anime Society I'm making this new thread. The suggestion was to make a thread for the Persona series (since that's the one we kept talking about) but instead I thought I'd make a thread for the entire Megami Tensei Universe. So, in this thread we can talk about;

Megami Tensei
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Digital Devil Saga
    Persona
    Devil Summoner
    Last Bible
    Majin Tensei
    Devil Survivor
    SMT: Imagine
    The Anime Adaptations (e.g. Persona: Trinity Soul)

Yes, I just ripped the list of the different offshoots from the internet.

Now, I hope that eventually this thread will become big and busy enough to become a proper soc. I made sure to search for any similar threads before posting this (Only 21 posts about Shin Megami Tensei on TSR?! Sounds way too small!). So, please come and post and discuss any you have played, your opinions on them, and anything else. I must ask that you keep any game spoilers within spoiler tags!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm :beard:

Oh yes, SMT Persona rules..

ReputationRep:
    I'm so close to finishing SMT:P4 now! I SHOULD be able to finish it all tomorrow, depending on if I get bored or not XD My mood heavily effects whether I can be bothered with it ... Do you think there's much point me getting all the chests on a floor anymore? I'm on Magatsu Mandala 4 I think.

I'm going to finish Rogue Galaxy once I finish P4, then I might try one of the Devil Summoner games (the one with the REALLY long name XD) since Lucifer's Call is probably too hard for me (because I reaaalllly suck at video games XD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    So, it's a fairly cold Summer's night and after getting moaned at in the OFF-TOPIC thread for the Anime Society I'm making this new thread. The suggestion was to make a thread for the Persona series (since that's the one we kept talking about) but instead I thought I'd make a thread for the entire Megami Tensei Universe. So, in this thread we can talk about;

Megami Tensei
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Digital Devil Saga
    Persona
    Devil Summoner
    Last Bible
    Majin Tensei
    Devil Survivor
    SMT: Imagine
    The Anime Adaptations (e.g. Persona: Trinity Soul)

Yes, I just ripped the list of the different offshoots from the internet.

Now, I hope that eventually this thread will become big and busy enough to become a proper soc. I made sure to search for any similar threads before posting this (Only 21 posts about Shin Megami Tensei on TSR?! Sounds way too small!). So, please come and post and discuss any you have played, your opinions on them, and anything else. I must ask that you keep any game spoilers within spoiler tags!
    you should put that in size 7 and red font:yes:

I thought Devil survivor was crap and deleted it:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    hi :ninja:

wow didnt know Megami Tensei did all those series :shock:

well im playing one at the moment, have never really been into rpg games :tongue:, Devil Survivor :yes: its quite good, pretty addictive at first but the fighting can get a bit tedious, im almost at the end i think but ive stalled cos i cant really be bothered with it anymore :tongue:

i might try out some other series in the future if i have some time :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)

I thought Devil survivor was crap and deleted it:indiff:
    :hmmm: well i like it :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I'm so close to finishing SMT:P4 now! I SHOULD be able to finish it all tomorrow, depending on if I get bored or not XD My mood heavily effects whether I can be bothered with it ... Do you think there's much point me getting all the chests on a floor anymore? I'm on Magatsu Mandala 4 I think.

I'm going to finish Rogue Galaxy once I finish P4, then I might try one of the Devil Summoner games (the one with the REALLY long name XD) since Lucifer's Call is probably too hard for me (because I reaaalllly suck at video games XD)
    I HAVE to raid all the chests, even if they are guarded by nasty looking shadows. :ninja:

Digital Devil Saga looks interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    :hmmm: well i like it :puppyeyes:
    good for you:yes: I would add "I hope you enjoy it" but you seem to be finding it "tedious" and have stalled it because you "cant really be bothered with it anymore":tongue:

I really have nothing to add, good luck with the soc:ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got to about Day 4 on Devil Survivor and stopped playing (and coincidentally picked Persona 4 back up instead XD). Every so often I'll just play my DS all day, but then that's followed by a long period of me not playing it anymore. And the games I start on those binges never get finished! I get pretty far in them and then stop playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    good for you:yes: I would add "I hope you enjoy it" but you seem to be finding it "tedious" and have stalled it because you "cant really be bothered with it anymore":tongue:

I really have nothing to add, good luck with the soc:ciao:
    bye :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    same here LloT, i go days playing it non stop then leaving it alone, i dont think ive ever completed a ds game :redface: but i'll deffo complete Devil Survivor one day :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I want to put a banner on the first post, but I suck at making them. I'll probably try something tomorrow. It has to have Jack Frost on there as he's the mascot for Atlus if anyone else wants to make something

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to have played the previous games in the persona series to understand say persona 3/4?

ReputationRep:
    All of the Persona games are completely separate Although, there are a couple of links between 3 and 4 (Igor being the main one) but other than that they are separate games. I'd advise you to play Persona 3 first though, since Persona 4 has a better battle system (you can control all characters, instead of just choosing tactics for the others) since if you played Persona 3 AFTER 4, you might get annoyed with the system. I think 3 has a better storyline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderwall 124)
    Do you have to have played the previous games in the persona series to understand say persona 3/4?
    No, and that's a good part of it. Although 3 and 4 have some continuity, you can play them independent of each other. 4 will tempt you to play 3 as well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone around this morning?

I'm itching to finish P4 now, but I have to wait until my sister is awake *shakes fist*

ReputationRep:
    Still need to finish P4. I picked a bad time to stop playing it (exams).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I started it pretty much at the release date but then stopped playing it almost right away because I was bored (I had only finished P3 a little while before). Then I finished exams and started playing on and off again, and now I'm near the end The middle part of the game just dragged (Pre-heaven) but after that, it kept me interested

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between persona 3 and persona 3 FES. Extra features? Expansion pack? Better version?

ReputationRep:
    It's basically an updated version. It has costumes, some of the personae have different level requirements, and there are some changes to how you get the extra dungeon (Monad) at the end of the game. There's probably a full list of changes somewhere. I'd say get FES, since there's no difference in storyline, plus you get an entirely new extra story at the end of the game (although I never played it, since it's automatically on like INSANE difficulty and I couldn't be bothered).

Beat the 2010 section of Persona 4 now, and shall move on to the March 2011 section now Although I might leave it for tomorrow :|

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.