Turn on thread page Beta

The Megami Tensei Universe watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got to the opening of the final dungeon, but I've been playing since 10am or so, so I'm going to take a break for a bit. I will probably come back to it later, get a large chunk of the dungeon done, and then finish the game tomorrow I wonder what my final play time will be. I've been leaving the game on while doing other things a lot, something that I didn't do much on P3.

I want to make a **********, but I want to make it really good. But I have loads of personae on me that I want to keep for now, so I can't just buy the ones I need to make ********** (which, while typing the name for the second time I realise is probably going to be censored, so if it does just pretend I said yoshi~tsune).

ReputationRep:
    Heard you finished persona 4 Last Lord Of Time - congrats. What is your final verdict of the game? Do you think it is better than any of the games in the final fantasy series (exclude spinoffs)?

ReputationRep:
    Well, seeing as Final Fantasy gets progressively worse after IX I would say yes XD I preferred the storyline of Persona 3 though.

ReputationRep:
    Well done LLoT :five:

Make a Helel or Lucifer if you're on the final boss :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I never got to a high enough level to make those XD I think I was around 80 when I beat it, maybe less.

ReputationRep:
    The Persona series went downhill after 2, 3 and 4 are effectively just weaboo bait.

Lucifer's Call is probably one of the best RPGs around (on all systems), the replayability is simply superb and it has an incredibly dark, disturbed and brilliant plot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    The Persona series went downhill after 2, 3 and 4 are effectively just weaboo bait.

Lucifer's Call is probably one of the best RPGs around (on all systems), the replayability is simply superb and it has an incredibly dark, disturbed and brilliant plot.
    Weeaboo bait? I think there's nothing wrong with the cultural references and anime style in 3 and 4. Persona 1 would have been just the same in terms of Japanese culture if they hadn't cut alot of the game out. Which is a shame, as then alot of the meaning was lost. I'm still going to play the first, though. The gameplay content hasn't been degraded one bit, either.

What is this Lucifer's Call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Weeaboo bait? I think there's nothing wrong with the cultural references and anime style in 3 and 4. Persona 1 would have been just the same in terms of Japanese culture if they hadn't cut alot of the game out. Which is a shame, as then alot of the meaning was lost. I'm still going to play the first, though. The gameplay content hasn't been degraded one bit, either.

What is this Lucifer's Call?
    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne/Lucifer's Call.

ReputationRep:
    I see. So that's its name :beard:

Now, I've heard of Nocturne, and also Digital Devil Saga.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have just read about a new Shin Megami Tensei game called "SMT: Strange Journey". Don't get too excited about it, it's on the DS.

Players take on the role of a Japanese soldier assigned to a UN-mandated research team deployed to the South Pole to investigate an abnormal area in the region dubbed as the "Schwarz-verse".
    At the beginning of the 21st century, a sudden massive atomic collapse occurs in the South Pole and causing a space abnormality known as the "Schwarz-verse" (シュバルツバース, Shubarutsubaasu), which poses an imminent threat for humankind and the Earth. A mysterious black hole has appeared on the region of the South Pole and is expanding day by day. Concerned of this event, the United Nations sent a group of researchers from all over the world to investigate the area. Inside, the investigators found that the area has been infested with supernatural beings such as demons that threaten to cross into the world.
    Release Date (Japan) - October 8th 2009.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Well, I have just read about a new Shin Megami Tensei game called "SMT: Strange Journey". Don't get too excited about it, it's on the DS.

Release Date (Japan) - October 8th 2009.
    I like :beard:

You can still expect great things from the DS

ReputationRep:
    I dunno ... I just hope it doesn't bomb out half way through like Devil Survivor did. The battles looks pretty much the same, except it looks like there's four people to your party ... and it's probably not a strategy game like DeSu was.

ReputationRep:
    from vin :pee:

ReputationRep:
    I finally found this thread. I have been playing P3 again lately though thanks to it being a new game + and me having bought back Asura I have been training up in that area you unlock when you get to the top of tartarus (forgot what it's called). Well thanks to my main character being level 90 and having Asura he can kill some of the monsters in there before my lower level characters get hit resulting in them gaining a lot of experience :grin: . I have just done the 3rd full moon and all of my characters (except Junpei he sucks) are all round about level 50 at least.

And bad Euge :spank:

ReputationRep:
    It's Monad I believe Lovely dungeon, but I never climbed to the top of it. I wont replay P3FES for a while. Maybe next summer I'll go through it again I'm not a big fan of replaying things - if I want to remind myself of storyline points, I'll just read a synopsis :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't have many new games to ply at the mo so I decided to replay it which I am glad I did because it is rather fun. But so far thanks to my main characters insane level for this point in the game and having the best one handed sword in the game I have beaten all the full moon bosses one hit which has taken some of the fun out of it :sad: though on the other hand it is rather funny to see the main character just hit the boss once doing stupid damage and it dying :grin: also my all out attacks do insane damage :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not finished with the Journey just yet, and still have The Answer after that :tongue:

The bosses on Adamah are certainly hard :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Which one was Adamah? The Gold one, the psychedellic/purple one, or the White one?

ReputationRep:
    The white one.

And the first guardians are hard. They spam megido and vorpal blade

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the white one is the last one I think? So you're in January?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 13, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.