Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got my driving test tommorow at 08:20am !!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    8:20's a great time to have the exam, surely you'll just get stuck in traffic and not have to do much actual driving?

ReputationRep:
    Try not to think about it too much! On my first test I thought about everything and ended up making mistakes that I wouldn't have made if I hadn't been thinking about what I was doing! Also, try to talk to the examiner a little (but not too much!). On my first test the examiner didn't say a word, then the second one we spoke a little bit, just about the weather and what lessons I was missing at school, but it relaxed me and I forgot it was a test. It seems, from what friends have told me about their own experiences, that if the examiner talks to you you've got a good chance of passing.
    And whatever you do, don't look at their marksheet! It's tempting, but don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, good luck

I had both of my tests at 8.10. I found that there wasn't really much I could do nerves wise the first time, except be confident that I'd do enough driving to do well - needless to say I almost hit a cyclist Oops That wasn't down to nerves, it was down to being a **** driver and not watching for them. Also, there wasn't that much traffic - but that's because it was the first week of my school holidays, and we make up a hell of a lot of the traffic at that time. This meant that I was driving as I would do normally However, my second test was the week that we went back after those holidays (three weeks later), the first half or so of the test was normal, but the end was really slow as I got caught in the traffic going to school.
    Anyways... Don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Best of luck and just try and remain calm. Just try and get a decent nights sleep.
    Where you been all day?

ReputationRep:
    Have a double whisky just before your test, it'll help relax you.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Passed mine today, 4 minors which I was not impressed with, as they were stupid like observation on a monouvre and leaving my indicator on slightly too long after leaving a roundabout.

Dad bought me a nice astra sport though, but can't drive it until I get home... in 3 weeks!

Just stay calm - 3 of us on test at the same time, the other two (woman around 35ish and dude about 18) were both nervous wrecks, and unfortunately didn't do too well! Best of luck!

:top:

(Original post by Andylol)
    Lmao just how does that help xD?
    It won't, but think of the roffles!!!

ReputationRep:
    Chill out and put in an assured drive. Make idle chit-chat and try to imply that you know what's happening around you, it helps.

I remember my emergency stop, the examiner (as they do) pulls you over to run you through it. He pretty much tells me to get going but I tell him that I'm gonna wait for the car in the distance to get past so I don't do anything daft in front of it. I don't think he saw that one, to tell you the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    have a shot of vodka and redbull, that will loosen you up sir

ReputationRep:
    Try going to sleep you absolute cretin. I don't think you get marks for turning up cracked up on 20000mg of caffeine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandeepgill1991)
    :woo: :woo: i got my driving test tommorow at 08:20am and i'am very very nervous...i am a good driver but i feel sooooooooo nervous and i really want to pass becuase iam properly ready...i dont know how to calm my nervs
    Dont F*ck it up.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    Go to the nearest supermarket/pharmacy and buy yourself some 'kalms'. Works a treat.

Since there's no school 8.20 should be an alright time. Good luck!
    Taking some potentially mind altering drugs before a test can make you even more nervous as you don't know how it will react with the rest of your system, not to mention they sometimes contain alcohol to help you "relax".

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.