Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep signing the petition against SFE - we need 360 more signatures at least! Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Finance-Student/

Everyone who has been messed around by SFE, please sign and get others to sign it too!

In order to get a response from the Government, there needs to be at least 500 signatures...I don't want our struggles to go unnoticed this year!

Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been messed around SFE but I have been by Student Finance in Northern Ireland.

Sent in finacial information with regards to my Dads business, including the business expenses, however they only looked at the gross profit rather than the net profit, so they sent me back information saying I wasn't entitled to any grant and only the minimum loan instead of maximum grant and maximum loan. I spoke to 2 people in the SF office both who told me expenses weren't taken into account, which is complete rubbish.

Only after talking to my Library board was I able to actually sort the problem out....What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    I've had no problems.

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Signed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    Signed.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Signed and added the link to facebook for others to see and sign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeforever)
    Signed and added the link to facebook for others to see and sign
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting to be assessed since February (still don't have the entitlement letter back, while others that applied after me have had theirs...) and have had all sorts of problems with the form, so I'll sign now.

ReputationRep:
    Done and also added to facebook

ReputationRep:
    Just bringing this up again for everyone to see...

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Signed

ReputationRep:
    signed!

ReputationRep:
    I did not create this petition, however, I fully support its aims. Whichever way you look at it, SFE is chaotic and there isn't any doubt about that. It is for the government to think how to change it. All we want is for them to make sure we don't have to go through the same s*** every year.

ReputationRep:
    Waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Waste of time.
    You are entitled to your opinion.

For all I know, it is better than sitting about, complaining and doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    You are entitled to your opinion.

For all I know, it is better than sitting about, complaining and doing nothing.
    But even better would be some well thought through FoI requests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    But even better would be some well thought through FoI requests.
    FoI? I already tried that twice. Requested information from SLC and got a reply only once, which, by the way, completely disregarded what I was asking for and pointed me to their website instead. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Petitions are an utter waste of time. Even those with MILLIONS of signatures.
    You should have all contacted your MPs. I did.
    He sorted it out for me in 10 days. Letters of apology from Minister responsible for HE and Chair of SFE included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roubiliac)
    Petitions are an utter waste of time. Even those with MILLIONS of signatures.
    You should have all contacted your MPs. I did.
    He sorted it out for me in 10 days. Letters of apology from Minister responsible for HE and Chair of SFE included.
    I did contact my MP. Guess what good did that do? NONE.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.