Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend me a decent one?!?
    Atm I'm using clairol nice'n'easy natural medium golden brown.. but it seems to fade really quickly. Is this because it's only supposed to change your hair a few shades?
    I love the colour but just want to keep it for longer!! Any suggestions? I would be very grateful thankssss!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe youre just using semi-permanent? Hmm, try the garnier ones - Davina Mcall adverts? Im not much help haha

ReputationRep:
    Lol.. well they're not semi-permanent cause I used to use the semi-permanent version of it.. but whilst it does say 'permanent colour' it also says 'for users who colour their hair every 6 weeks' which is a bit rubbish. Hmmm. Thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    What colour is your hair naturally? I think that can affect it. Maybe leaving it in for longer, although I think that will deepen the colour too. A good colour saving shampoo may help ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    What colour is your hair naturally? I think that can affect it. Maybe leaving it in for longer, although I think that will deepen the colour too. A good colour saving shampoo may help ?
    Well its an ashy light brown, yeah that might be affecting it I guess! Darrnn it. I will invest in a colour shampoo though I think see how that works out. Thankyouu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senigma90)
    Well its an ashy light brown, yeah that might be affecting it I guess! Darrnn it. I will invest in a colour shampoo though I think see how that works out. Thankyouu
    I reccommend the John Freida range, but for a cheaper one the Sunsilk ones are really good too!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I adore Loreal Feria and they have a collection of beautiful brunettes going on just now!

Brilliant colour saving shampoo for me is ANY of the John Freida ones. Not only do they smell pretty but they make your colour look fantastic and your hair feels uber clean after using it. Like uber squeeky clean. You think you've had clean hair, wait until you try that stuff...I'm not working for them, i promise :P

Belle x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    I reccommend the John Freida range, but for a cheaper one the Sunsilk ones are really good too!:yes:
    Yeah John Frieda is absolutle brilliant - although with like 10 euros for shampoo and another 10 for conditioner not very cheap, and then if u go on to buy the lovely hair spray and hair cream and tons of otherthings they have....your money just flies by

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem, i originally have light-medium brown hair and always wanted it a few shades darker. I use to use nice n easy brown to dye it and although it was a great shade to begin with, it faded within 2 weeks!
    Although im aware that i wash my hair almost every day and that wouldn't help to keep the colour in, i was still annoyed that the colour was so weak.

After a while i tried Loreal Excellence in dark brown and i haven't looked back. When i used nice n easy i had to buy two boxes, setting me back around £6/7 (when offers were on). But with loreal, one box covers my hair great and although loreal can cost more, the quality is better. My hair colour doesn't tend to fade and i can leave it 10 weeks without need to dye it so i recommend it!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh right lovely stuff.. Well I've just been looking at the loreal shades and have seen one I like and if my pennies can stretch that far I'll try the John Frieda range.. I used to use that when I had highlights (sheer blonde stuff) and it was actually really good, I just didn't realise I'd have to do the same maintenance with dye but will now. Thankyou everyonee

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.