Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ahhhh I can't stop thinking about a guy I don't even know. watch

This is just ridiculous and I don't even know why I'm posting here, I guess I just need to vent oh and please, do keep this anonymous.

I went to see my friends' band play on Friday and for that show they were collaborating with some 3 guys who have a totally different style of music.. it was an interesting mix. ANYWAY, long story short, I could NOT stop staring at the drummer guy from the other band. Not only was he good looking as sin, but also really, really good at what he was doing with the added bonus of no funny faces or hair all over the place.

I could've sworn that throughout the show he would look at me and smile (we were on the fist row very close to the stage and half the lights were actually towards the public), but after the show I was too much of a wuss to go say something to him so I just stuck around my friends who had just performed. Obviously he didn't come to me either but when my friend went to make him sign something (sort of a joke), he gave me an expectant look but I just looked away at having been caught looking.

So basically, that was that and it was on Friday and I still can't stop thinking about him. It's just so freaking ridiculous, I don't know him, I never fall for a person without even so much as having said "hi" to them and yet, here I am few days later staring at pictures on his myspace. Yes, I looked him up, give me a break I haven't added him though since technically I am a stranger to him.

How do I get over him? Should I write to him: "hi, I'm an idiot who is obsessed with you, talk to me please." and have him reject me so I can go cure my wounds? Or do I have to let time do its thing? Oh and my friends won't be performing with these guys again so I probably won't see him again any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    Don't randomly add him, it's a little creepy. Add the band instead? Then comment on their wall about how awesome they were the other night or something and hope he sees it and adds you

Could you get your friends to introduce you to him another time, like not in a gig setting seen as how you've already said that's not likely :p:

ReputationRep:
    As sais maybe go to another gig they have and actually talk to him this time, get up the courage and just go for it.

Im not really sure what the whole thing with myspace is these days, do you randomaly ass people and start talking to them? I think its probably better not to and try and talk to him somehow if you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    and yet, here I am few days later staring at pictures on his myspace. Yes, I looked him up, give me a break I haven't added him though since technically I am a stranger to him.
    I had to LOL as this is practically the story of my life :p:

Just live with the fortune of having his pictures to look at (sometimes people set their Facebook pictures to private which is most inconvenient to stalkers like me)

You'll always have the casual daydream to retreat to thinking about what could have happened, building your fairytale life together... I feel for you girl, I really do!

EDIT: but add him anyway? What do you have to lose?

ReputationRep:
    Totally go for it!!!! Sakura-Chan gave good advice (as always :jumphug:) But deffo do SOMETHING!

ReputationRep:
    If you are hot, nothing is creepy. If he looked at you then maybe you are.

ReputationRep:
    Story of my life too.

If you have friends in common or anything then add him. Complete strangers? Then no.
    Try not to lust over him too much, you'll just paint a ridiculously elaborate picture of him.

And yes, I can't stalk the guy I'm currently thinking about. Sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Add him, send a personal message at the same time saying how good he was that night, doubt he'd be offended.

ReputationRep:
    jsut message him and b like her was that u in the band the other night and start talking to him anyways what have you got to lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Add him, send a personal message at the same time saying how good he was that night, doubt he'd be offended.
    This. :yes:

Then say how you loved their performance and would love to see them play again. Then, they will obviously tell you their next date, and you go. Then, try and talk to him after the gig. :yes:

This is simple, and wouldn't be weird at all, because it looks like it was for a love of their music :yep: and then you just happen to chat him up afterwards.

It's how Green Day's lead singer met his wife.

ReputationRep:
    "I KNOW YOU WERE STARING AT ME BOYO. TEACH ME HOW TO BANG YOUR DRUMS'

Aaaaanddd... send.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    "I KNOW YOU WERE STARING AT ME BOYO. TEACH ME HOW TO BANG YOUR DRUMS'

Aaaaanddd... send.
    This :yes: hehe I would definitely do as sakura chan said and add the band. No way creepy and he'll probably take the hint.

ReputationRep:
    Add him, and tell him your feelings. Just say you really caught my eye or something. If you hook up with him great he could be on your level. You not even going to give it a chance with a guy that was blatantly interested in you because of your ego? Don't listen to these idiots, girls telling guys they are fit isn't creepy, it's flattering just get to know him and ask him out. All this ******** about OH NO WILL HE THINK IM CREEPY BECAUSE I ADDED HIM ON FACEBOOK, who cares, get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Unlike all the guys who have posted here, I wouldn't recommend adding him and sending a message. It's too obvious and he might think you're obsessed with him, so if (just if) he isn't interested in you, he may not add you/not talk to you, etc.

I would advise you to, like someone else said, to add the band first and post something about how you enjoyed the concert. That way he might read the comment and add you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really really curious!
    I'm guessing you're not going to give us a link to the band's myspace
    Don't worry, I'm not interested, I just think it's really sweet of you!

But yeah comment the band and try and see them again somehow

ReputationRep:
    If you really fancy him then just go for it. What do you have to loose ? In the worst case, you're not gonna see him again and if he did notice you then maybe you could talk and hang out. Do what Sakura-chan said, that seems perfect. An let us know what happened.

ReputationRep:
    i definitely think add the band...and send us a link so we can judge!! good iiideaaaa!!

ReputationRep:
    Drummers :drool:

Wow my net died last night but I really didn't think I'd get this many replies thanks everyone! Well I guess I do have a semi justified reason to add him on facebook, we have a few friends in common and I uploaded some pictures & videos from the gig (trying to promote my friends and all) and my friend tagged him in one of them.. but there are all these other untagged ones!

As for myspace, I don't have one so I think it would be weird if I made it and just added the band... besides it says they haven't logged into that one for like a week now. :/

(Original post by eden-flower)
    (sometimes people set their Facebook pictures to private which is most inconvenient to stalkers like me)
    TELL ME ABOUT IT. But seriously, I have my profile super private and then I get mad when others do too.

(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Im not really sure what the whole thing with myspace is these days, do you randomaly ass people and start talking to them? I think its probably better not to and try and talk to him somehow if you can.
    I don't know, I don't have myspace, facebook though.. anyway, I really don't think I will see him again soon. He doesn't have any gigs in our town any time soon, it's all in other places and I like him but I'm not travelling that far for that! So that's why online is sort of my last resort.

(Original post by Craig_D)
    Then say how you loved their performance and would love to see them play again. Then, they will obviously tell you their next date, and you go. Then, try and talk to him after the gig. :yes:
    I would but what if he remembers me as the idiot who was basically next to him, waiting for her friend and not saying a word to him? You usually gush after the gig about how great a performance was, not few days later Ahhh damn ego, I must get over myself as celphtitled said..

Anyway, thanks everyone for the replies, I really appreciate it. I will ponder some more that to do and see if I get some sort of epiphany. I guess I can just try and ask my friend about the guy but I can just imagine his smirk and "oohhh you like him?" -_- some people don't grow up.

As for everyone who asked for a link - no no no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is just ridiculous and I don't even know why I'm posting here, I guess I just need to vent oh and please, do keep this anonymous.

I went to see my friends' band play on Friday and for that show they were collaborating with some 3 guys who have a totally different style of music.. it was an interesting mix. ANYWAY, long story short, I could NOT stop staring at the drummer guy from the other band. Not only was he good looking as sin, but also really, really good at what he was doing with the added bonus of no funny faces or hair all over the place.

I could've sworn that throughout the show he would look at me and smile (we were on the fist row very close to the stage and half the lights were actually towards the public), but after the show I was too much of a wuss to go say something to him so I just stuck around my friends who had just performed. Obviously he didn't come to me either but when my friend went to make him sign something (sort of a joke), he gave me an expectant look but I just looked away at having been caught looking.

So basically, that was that and it was on Friday and I still can't stop thinking about him. It's just so freaking ridiculous, I don't know him, I never fall for a person without even so much as having said "hi" to them and yet, here I am few days later staring at pictures on his myspace. Yes, I looked him up, give me a break I haven't added him though since technically I am a stranger to him.

How do I get over him? Should I write to him: "hi, I'm an idiot who is obsessed with you, talk to me please." and have him reject me so I can go cure my wounds? Or do I have to let time do its thing? Oh and my friends won't be performing with these guys again so I probably won't see him again any time soon.
    If you sent that message to me I would probably think you are a freak and decline your add, I think you should get a friend to introduce you
    or go to another of their bands gigs
    just go with the flow

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.