Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, Id choose a skinny guy over anything.
    Feeling hipbones on mine=hot;]
    Im sure lots of girls feel like this, so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    Slim guys? Not a turn-off! I've been interested in slim guys before, and probably will in the future too. Too thin? Perhaps.. I definitely prefer it when they're a bit muscley :coma:
    Preferably bigger than me in general.

ReputationRep:
    It is a turn off, no way around it. 95% of girls will not want someone who is thinner than they are because it makes us feel un-feminine, and you are thinner than most girls. I am 6foot and about 155 pounds, and while this makes me quite thin and I'm comfortable with myself blah blah blah I would feel fat beside you.

Try eating more protein? Good luck anyways.

ReputationRep:
    aw **** thats me screwed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANON3987)
    same as me 6ft2 and 12 stone... ridiculous metabolism.:woo:
    6ft 2 and 12 stone sounds alright, thats where I'd like to be!!

ReputationRep:
    basically move to France and you would be normal, then no-one would care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthah)
    It is a turn off, no way around it. 95% of girls will not want someone who is thinner than they are because it makes us feel un-feminine, and you are thinner than most girls. I am 6foot and about 155 pounds, and while this makes me quite thin and I'm comfortable with myself blah blah blah I would feel fat beside you.

Try eating more protein? Good luck anyways.
    Perfectly accurate statistic there pal! :rolleyes:

Really and truly though, there's no black and white definition of what girls do and don't wan't. To suggest that the OP should change himself because his weight and size has cut him off from 95% of all women is just stupid.

If anything I'd say that being tall, slim and apparently quite facially attractive makes him sound like quite a catch by anyone's standards really.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I prefer skinny guys, as long as they've got some muscle tone as well. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

I'm quite a slim guy - I'm about 5ft 10 / 11 and I weigh a few pounds under 10 stone. It's not that I'm horribly under weight, I just have a relatively small frame. It has kinda' been getting to me recently however.

Without blowing my own trumpet (and this is anon so it doesn't matter anyway) I know I'm good looking face wise as I have always had decent interest from girls and had a 2 year relationship. I'm going to uni however and I'm a bit worried that girls will kinda' write me off for being quite thin.

How much does it matter? I'm not ratty or pathetic looking, but today a girl said to me, "You're just flesh and bone" and it really didn't feel good. I'm SOO fed up people telling me to put on weight, you'd never tell a fat person to lose weight would you? If I put on weight I would just be chubby because my body is naturally like this!

I know not all girls want a self-absorbed rugby player but I just need to know how much it matters. Girls always tell me that I'm a "cutie", just getting a bit fed up with it.

I'm the same, people sometimes tell me to put on a bit of weight, but to be honest, it's not what you weigh it's how you look - and I know it's hard for us to put on weight.

But what you can do, and I'm sure you'll find it easy enough, as I did, is to change what you do have. Literally a few weeks of swimming a few days a week or simply doing crunches and press-ups before you go in the shower, and you'll have changed just enough to feel better about yourself

I'm 5 11 and just under 9 stone. I hate it everyone's forever saying i'm too skinny and to put on weight. but HOW! i am usually very active but have been inactive due to injury for 6 months or so and haven't put any weight on at all!!!! i eat loads too
    if anyone's any bright ideas on putting on weight otherthan the usual *****.....

ReputationRep:
    i think i actually prefer skinny guys

ReputationRep:
    er... it doesn't particularly - how slim are you talking. I've got two guy mates, both slim, but one is really attractive with it, but the other less so as he looks anorexic, even though he's not - it's just his metabolism. Loads of lads are tall and skinny, you're not the only one, I wouldn't say it's unattractive because it takes all sorts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Why Anonymous??

I'm 6'1 and 9 Stone, looking to tone up and put on some weight over the coming months, I eat like a horse, it's just the exercise + metabolism that ruin it all!
    Dunno, everyone was doing it.

However, it's not like I don't eat it's just that I exercise a lot.

ReputationRep:
    ermm i prefer guys with a bit of weight toned is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bete noire)
    Perfectly accurate statistic there pal! :rolleyes:

Really and truly though, there's no black and white definition of what girls do and don't wan't. To suggest that the OP should change himself because his weight and size has cut him off from 95% of all women is just stupid.

If anything I'd say that being tall, slim and apparently quite facially attractive makes him sound like quite a catch by anyone's standards really.
    Hey hey, there is no need to be belligerent or imply that I am stupid. You're right to an extent though, when I say 95% of girls I mean most of my girlfriends, which I take to be a pretty good sampling of the female psyche but obviously not a 'perfectly accurate statistic' so chill out my friend ;=)

The OP is obviously concerned that his weight might be a concern, and he does sound as if he is rather thin, so all I am trying to say is that for his health and attractiveness to women there could be no harm in bulking up a little bit. Also, I know that most girls (again, I mean most of my friends) like to be made to feel feminine and beautiful. I, and my friends, will feel fat or unattractive if next to a good looking man who is smaller than I am.

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey, there is no need to be belligerent or imply that I am stupid. You're right to an extent though, when I say 95% of girls I mean most of my girlfriends, which I take to be a pretty good sampling of the female psyche but obviously not a 'perfectly accurate statistic' so chill out my friend ;=)
    You are stupid if you believe your own drivel. Your 'girlfrans' opinions obviously aren't an accurate portrayal of the general female opinion on slim guys though. Attraction is subjective, you seem to fail to realise that. You're 6 foot so in my opinion you're a beast but I would usually keep that opinion to myself and I certainly wouldn't be telling you to attempt to change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    You are stupid if you believe your own drivel. Your 'girlfrans' opinions obviously aren't an accurate portrayal of the general female opinion on slim guys though. Attraction is subjective, you seem to fail to realise that. You're 6 foot so in my opinion you're a beast but I would usually keep that opinion to myself and I certainly wouldn't be telling you to attempt to change that.
    It eludes me why people would feel the need to be cruel on the internet, and that certainly isn't what I was intending to do to the OP. All I am saying is that in my experience - I repeat - most girls want a guy who makes them feel feminine and generally a part of that is having a guy who is bigger than they are. OBVIOUSLY attractiveness is subjective and I already conceded that I was wrong to say 95% of girls when I only meant 95% of girls in MY experience.

You are fully entitled to your opinion that being 6ft makes me a beast, but I did not post a thread asking what men think of my height. If I had, I'm sure I would receive many posts saying 'well, don't wear heels because you will look like godzilla' and this is the equivalent of what I am recommending the OP do - bulk up if you feel small. Wear heels if you feel short, wear flats if you feel tall. The OP posted a thread asking for opinions on his size and so I gave mine and stated that my friends tend to feel the same way I do. I already apologized for over generalization and in no way intended to offend the OP, or your ego.

ReputationRep:
    You can put on weight if you want, I'm 5'11" and was 9 stone at christmas, now I'm 12 stone - but to answer your question: in general, girls don't like skinny guys.

I am trying to say is that for his health and attractiveness to women there could be no harm in bulking up a little bit.
    See that's the thing - there is no such thing as "bulking up" for me. It's either: starting a strict bodybuilding routine or get chubby. No amount of food is going to make me wider, my frame is just narrow.

(Original post by BrightGirl)
    If you have a good looking face, then it wouldn't be a turn off for me. :dontknow:
    I have a good face :P I'm just not sure whether or not girls prefer face than body.

Also, just for a bit of a rant, I am so ******* sick of people telling me I'm too thin. Girls seem to say it as if it's a passing comment but it's so damn rude. If it were the other way round and I was telling her she was too skinny, too fat, too flat chested, too ugly then she would throw a fit. I would say very skinny guys are just as self-conscious as fat guys, if not more since they're constantly told.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 5 11 and just under 9 stone. I hate it everyone's forever saying i'm too skinny and to put on weight. but HOW! i am usually very active but have been inactive due to injury for 6 months or so and haven't put any weight on at all!!!! i eat loads too
    if anyone's any bright ideas on putting on weight otherthan the usual *****.....
    Hm, I don't know... Stop being such a nancy boy?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.