Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 5 11 and just under 9 stone. I hate it everyone's forever saying i'm too skinny and to put on weight. but HOW! i am usually very active but have been inactive due to injury for 6 months or so and haven't put any weight on at all!!!! i eat loads too
    if anyone's any bright ideas on putting on weight otherthan the usual *****.....
    you probably don't eat as much as you think you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    You are stupid if you believe your own drivel. Your 'girlfrans' opinions obviously aren't an accurate portrayal of the general female opinion on slim guys though. Attraction is subjective, you seem to fail to realise that. You're 6 foot so in my opinion you're a beast but I would usually keep that opinion to myself and I certainly wouldn't be telling you to attempt to change that.
    Someone's a bit touchy, been rejected lately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthah)
    OBVIOUSLY attractiveness is subjective and I already conceded that I was wrong to say 95% of girls when I only meant 95% of girls in MY experience.
    In which case you should also retract:

It is a turn off, no way around it.

I already apologized for over generalization and in no way intended to offend the OP.
    So therefore your entire post was invalid and completely useless to the OP. :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Someone's a bit touchy, been rejected lately?
    How would this forum react to a male member telling a female member her breasts were too small for 95% of males to even look at her and that she should try getting implants?

ReputationRep:
    yeah to be honest that would be a turn off...i prefer my guys with more meat on them...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Hm, I don't know... Stop being such a nancy boy?
    Why even bother typing when it's negative put downs like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    See that's the thing - there is no such thing as "bulking up" for me. It's either: starting a strict bodybuilding routine or get chubby. No amount of food is going to make me wider, my frame is just narrow.

I have a good face :P I'm just not sure whether or not girls prefer face than body.

Also, just for a bit of a rant, I am so ******* sick of people telling me I'm too thin. Girls seem to say it as if it's a passing comment but it's so damn rude. If it were the other way round and I was telling her she was too skinny, too fat, too flat chested, too ugly then she would throw a fit. I would say very skinny guys are just as self-conscious as fat guys, if not more since they're constantly told.
    I think it's just the nature of the game I constantly get told I am too tall, my dimple is too big, I have no tits, etc etc, so please don't get really offended and think it's just you - and there are a million worse things you could be than too thin. You're lucky because it is something you CAN change if you decide you want to; short of surgery I will never be shorter, have no chin dimple, or have breasts. [/end self pity!]

As for the narrow frame, my brother has the same problem - he is 6 foot 6 and weighed about 200 pounds for years and looked borerline anorexic. He started lifting weights, playing rugby, and drinking 4 protein shakes a day and he looks more healthy now. If you do some research, maybe chat to a fitness professional or dietician, I'm sure you can work something out.

But maybe you won't end up wanting to - it sounds like plenty of girls here like skinny men. While it isn't my preference, everyone has their type ;=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Why even bother typing when it's negative put downs like that
    1. Because whiny people like him annoy me, the ones who seem to suggest that they just can't do something, oh woe is me.

2. I'm in pissed off mood.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 10 and just about 10 stone and I like it!
    Don't worry about being skinny, its better than being obese!

ReputationRep:
    How would this forum react to a male member telling a female member her breasts were too small for 95% of males to even look at her and that she should try getting implants?
    So you would rather people keep their opinions to themselves, and tell the person what they want to hear?

The OP was the one who asked a question, he obviously wants a honest answer, you don't have the right to judge her answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccoles)
    I'm 5 10 and just about 10 stone and I like it!
    Don't worry about being skinny, its better than being obese!
    Yes, but surprisingly there's a nice middle ground.

ReputationRep:
    My breasts ARE too small for 95% of males to look at me - don't worry though, I'm long over it ;=)

Seriously, I didn't mean to offend anyone and I am sorry for your sensitive ego. I still feel that a vast majority of girls prefer men with some meat on them and will not get into it more than that because it's silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANON3987)
    same as me 6ft2 and 12 stone... ridiculous metabolism.:woo:
    Another one blaming it on the metabolism. :rolleyes:

No metabolism is that fast. Start eating.

OP. Do the above and maybe begin hitting the weights a couple times a week. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANON3987)
    same as me 6ft2 and 12 stone... ridiculous metabolism.:woo:
    fear not ALL skinny guys! (can only quote one at a time )
    I, like most girls, would generally say "noooo way I hate boys who are thinner than me" and may be inclined to say i'd rather a 'self absorbed rugby player type' BUT

nice faces tend to obliterate body issues (whether its skinniness or chub)
    and i was in a 2 year relationship with a boy who was 6ft4 and barely scraping 12 stone..

and i'm not a complete freak/disgusting looking
    so there you go
    no need to fret lads :o:

ReputationRep:
    I love slim guys! They are my favourite :yep: But then I know girls that don't... People. Have. Different. Tastes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveyouxx)
    fear not ALL skinny guys! (can only quote one at a time )
    I, like most girls, would generally say "noooo way I hate boys who are thinner than me" and may be inclined to say i'd rather a 'self absorbed rugby player type' BUT

nice faces tend to obliterate body issues (whether its skinniness or chub)
    and i was in a 2 year relationship with a boy who was 6ft4 and barely scraping 12 stone..

and i'm not a complete freak/disgusting looking
    so there you go
    no need to fret lads :o:
    5'10 11.5 stone good enough for you :P ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    5'10 11.5 stone good enough for you :P ?
    why Maximum Velocity, sounds perfectly lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveyouxx)
    why Maximum Velocity, sounds perfectly lovely
    Well hello there darlin

Nah only messing , I just wanted to see what you though about my weight/height , and to you it sounds perfect so I'm pleased , nice profile picture

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't give too poos if a guy was slimmer than me. Oh noes! He's going to look better in that dress we both bought! :indiff: As long as it's natural, healthy slimness, it will look good. Especially if the guy is 'a cutie' as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Well hell there darlin

Nah only messing , I just wanted to see what you though about my weight/height , and to you it sounds perfect so I'm pleased , nice profile picture
    glad i could hellp!

and thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.