Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

I'm quite a slim guy - I'm about 5ft 10 / 11 and I weigh a few pounds under 10 stone. It's not that I'm horribly under weight, I just have a relatively small frame. It has kinda' been getting to me recently however.

Without blowing my own trumpet (and this is anon so it doesn't matter anyway) I know I'm good looking face wise as I have always had decent interest from girls and had a 2 year relationship. I'm going to uni however and I'm a bit worried that girls will kinda' write me off for being quite thin.

How much does it matter? I'm not ratty or pathetic looking, but today a girl said to me, "You're just flesh and bone" and it really didn't feel good. I'm SOO fed up people telling me to put on weight, you'd never tell a fat person to lose weight would you? If I put on weight I would just be chubby because my body is naturally like this!

I know not all girls want a self-absorbed rugby player but I just need to know how much it matters. Girls always tell me that I'm a "cutie", just getting a bit fed up with it.

Hmmm...I mean going off looks alone is never my style...or most girls I would hope....but what I can say for me personally is that the reason I may not go for slimmer guys is not because I find them unattractive per say but I would just be like..."oh I'd never have a chance with him"...because I'm quite curvy and kinda endowed quite generously in a certain area so I just wouldn't see a slimmer guy being attracted to me so I would.....avoid....I suppose being attracted to him...I duno if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    If being slim was a turn off then about 10% of the male population would get laid. No one in Africa, Asia or South America would get any action, but if you are self conscious about it why don't you go take steroids.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I do have preferences towards slim guys. But they do have to be taller than me and have a good visage

OP you are fine in all honesty, although is it really impossible lifting a few weights coupla times a week? I mean even I do it, and so do many women of small frames and in general it does help.

(Original post by time.to.dance)
    Hmm I do have preferences towards slim guys. But they do have to be taller than me and have a good visage

OP you are fine in all honesty, although is it really impossible lifting a few weights coupla times a week? I mean even I do it, and so do many women of small frames and in general it does help.
    I do lift weights actually, but having alright biceps and some pecs doesn't make me look any better (unless I'm naked of course, it helps then :P). To really "bulk up" as people say you need massive shoulder growth and a lot of back work. I enjoy the exercise but I don't really want to live life as a bodybuilder

ReputationRep:
    stop being such a pansy.
    if you already follow a weights routine it's not that hard to add some proper compound exercises to it instead of being a gay bicep curl monkey

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's really tall and super skinny but I wouldn't have him any other way... he's got broad shoulders, which adds bonus points. Don't worry :p:

ReputationRep:
    I lurve my boyfriend. He's slim, and still a sexpot to me.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, don't worry about it. If that's how you naturally are then there's no point fretting over it. I don't think most girls would care, so long as you're not anorexic or a fat heffa.
    Slim/average is what most girls look for i would guess. The girl who called you that was probably chubby (or unhappy with her own weight) and jealous of the fact that you're slim and she's not.

hot hipster girls love the skinny guys. Boy I wish I was skinny. anon or delete, I would rather my pathetic self-deprecation not be bandied about under my username thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am same height and weight as you OP and my body burns everything I eat like crazy. I've have been the same weight for years. I can eat anything I like, this includes junk food (I know they're bad for me but they taste so good), and I won't gain any weight. OP do not worry about the weight issue at the moment and enjoy it, your body has high metabolism, it will start to slow down as you get older so you'll start to put on weight but in the mean time enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing if anything, as long as your not too thin.

ReputationRep:
    I think most girls just want to feel like their man would be able to protect them, but like others have said its all down to preference. Some guys suit being really skinny too xxx

Don't listen to the haters. Many women love skinny men. I know I sure do.

ReputationRep:
    eat more.
    weights.

SLim guys can be attractive. I love skinny tiny legs in tight jeans for example :o: the only issue would be if you looked ill or were very 'lanky' looking. Either way it's better to be your way than extremely obese or something.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very tall and skinny. 6'-1 and 140 lbs (14 stone?? Crazy Brits with your strange measurements). It's kind of irritating, because I eat a lot. If it weren't for my genetics, I would probably be overweight. But no, I'm cursed with an unmovable skinniness. People tell me all the time that I look anorexic and it gets pretty annoying because there's honestly nothing I can do to change it. So I'm with you, OP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    I'm very tall and skinny. 6'-1 and 140 lbs (14 stone?? Craz Brits with your strange measurements). It's kind of irritating, because I eat a lot. If it weren't for my genetics, I would probably be overweight. But no, I'm cursed with an unmovable skinniness. People tell me all the time that I look anorexic and it gets pretty annoying because there's honestly nothing I can do to change it. So I'm with you, OP!
    10 stone*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    10 stone*
    Thank you. :P

I thought a stone was 14 pounds, but I fudged the math.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny = nom
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I like skinny boys and a lot of girls do. Don't worry too much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.