Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so i got a cold, possibly caught it off my bro who had it a few days ago.

Anyway i dont really find that cold and flu tablets help me with a blocked nose etc.

I always do the same thing at the beginning of a cold by saying yes everytime i have a blocked nose ill go and clear it but i get lazy and just end up sniffing making it worse! Sounds disgusting i know but i just dont even realise it most of the time till its too late.

My question is, what do you people do when you have a cold to make it feel less worse than it is and help to sooth the blocked nose sore throat etc without taking medicines?

Thanks for any help, tis much appreciated *sniff* haha.

ReputationRep:
    Warm fresh lemon juice and honey. Spoonfuls of honey help the throat. Inhale steam from a bowl of hot water with a bit of disolved salt in it. And just generally relax. And just keep blowing as much of it out as possible, it'll clear quicker that way.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently chicken soup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    Apparently chicken soup?
    Yep, I always have homeade chicken soup ( the stock is homemade too) so nothing artificial or else it looses its magical power.

ReputationRep:
    Try some tiger balm, omg its like amazing. Oh and Olbas oil - smelllsss gooood, helps with the blocked nose

ReputationRep:
    I take Lockets/Halls/Soothers. And eat veggies and vitamin tablets (zinc for the ol' immune system). Although I have a weak immune system and seem to permanently have a cold which cannot be gotten rid of. I will have had this one for 3 weeks tomorrow :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Try some tiger balm, omg its like amazing.
    That made me lol.

ReputationRep:
    My last cold was pathetic so im hoping this one will be just as easy to cope with seriously it was literally a sneeze on one day like one cough and a sniffle for 2 days at most. Barely knew i had it haha.

Shall give it a try with the chicken soup and honey and lemon stuff!

I dont find lockets/halls or soothers actually do anything for me so ill have to pass on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    That made me lol.
    Haha, it's true though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.