Turn on thread page Beta

**sweeeet alcoholic drinks??** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    For the first, do you use any sour apple/apple liqueur? I like liqueur and my plan is to basically buy one of everything from thedrinkshop.com over time.

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...t.php?catid=16

They have hundreds of liqueurs and quite a few different apple ones. Obviously the most well known are De Kuyper, Bols, FD, corkys and Apple sourz, however there are a few other interesting less well known foreign ones too. I was wondering if you can ever really taste a difference between them? In descriptions some say they use different apples, one says tastes like granny smith and not so sickly, some say sherbety etc, have you tried multiple brands?

Secondly how do you rate Hypnotiq? I was looking at reviews for liqueurs which taste good straight/on the rocks, many are just too sickly but this one has good reviews although it's a little pricey. Lovely colour though, might give it a try. What do you think of it and does it make any nice mixers or do you just recommend it on it's own?

thanks for any answers

I normally use (and prefer) apple sourz. If you mix it with an equal amount of vodka and top it up with apple juice it will have just the right amount of sweetness, and is easily sip-able.

As for Hypnotiq, I love it! It's very tasty on the rocks, but also as a mixer. I recommend tequila, hypnotiq and pineapple juice. Or, it is also nice with cranberry juice. It might also be tasty with soda water? I would definitely recommend it, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rinascimento)
    I normally use (and prefer) apple sourz. If you mix it with an equal amount of vodka and top it up with apple juice it will have just the right amount of sweetness, and is easily sip-able.

As for Hypnotiq, I love it! It's very tasty on the rocks, but also as a mixer. I recommend tequila, hypnotiq and pineapple juice. Or, it is also nice with cranberry juice. It might also be tasty with soda water? I would definitely recommend it, though!
    you tried any liqueurs made by bols or De Kuyper? They have quite a few nice sounding flavours including melon but bols just sounds cheap to me.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Probably already been said, but I cba to read 5 pages lol.

Pear Cider.
    Southern Comfort and lemonade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    you tried any liqueurs made by bols or De Kuyper? They have quite a few nice sounding flavours including melon but bols just sounds cheap to me.:p:

I have tried melon and raspberry bols. If you mix the melon with cranberry it's delicious! Raspberry, champagne and orange juice is also tasty as well.

ReputationRep:
    i have tried malibu and pina colada but they are sooo fruity,they were sweet but i was disgusted from the pineapple
    i dont like fruits,only rasperies blueberries etc so cosmopolitan?
    are smirnoff ice, brandy sour and jelly babies fruity or just sweet?

ReputationRep:
    Try some cocktails, there are many which are very sweet. Although it'll take a while to get drunk on them and won't help your wallet.

Try Peach Schnapps, it's really sweet. It's kind of like a fruit brandy.

ReputationRep:
    smirnoff ice

malibu but thats :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    smirnoff ice

malibu but thats :puke:
    yeah i have tried it and it was sweet but still disgusting!i almost throwed up from the taste seriously!
    can you tell me some of the sweet drinks that arent fruity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    yeah i have tried it and it was sweet but still disgusting!i almost throwed up from the taste seriously!
    can you tell me some of the sweet drinks that arent fruity?
    no i dont know :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    no i dont know :dontknow:
    someone said b4 about smirnoff ice is a mix with lemonade,should be good

(Original post by seagram__)
    I want to finally try a drink that isn't bitter and I want to drink/get drunk when my friends do but I can't because all the drinks I have tried don't seem sweet/good to me so I don't drink more than 1or 1and a half glasses..
    i have tried beer,baileys,wine,vodka.anything better for my taste?
    I'd suggest mead, but it's quite hard to find. Hard enough, actually, that I make my own (I've got two demijohns fermenting as we speak). It's not hard to make, but it takes a year or two to mature. So that's probaby not for you.

I can recommend a drink you might be able to find, though. We get it at Sainsbury's: it's called Palwin number 10, Kosher* red wine. Quite sweet, a little remeniscant of port.

* I spotted it in the first place by recognizing the Hebrew text 'כשר לפשח/kosher lapesach' (Kosher for Passover) on the label. Since I'm trying to learn Hebrew, my eyes are always drawn to Hebrew text.

ReputationRep:
    Most mixed drinks... you hardly taste the alcohol in a lot of them. I love pina coladas.

Since you say you want to get drunk with friends I'd recommend working your way up to drinking alcohol. you can start out with half a shot in glass of pop, and gradually change the percentages until you're used to the taste and can do shots. It's definitely not necessary to get used to the taste of alcohol if you just want to stick with mixed drinks... but it can be difficult to actually get drunk off of sweet mixed drinks since the sweetness can take over before the alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    You don't think Bailey's is sweet?? weird.. try it with ice and milk, it tastes like candy :p:
    You could try gin with 7up or schweppes, thats sweet

ReputationRep:
    Smirnoff Ice
    WKD
    Bacardi Breezer

I think vodka and coke is quite sweet because of the coke but that might be me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Midori & Lemonade.
    Passoa & Lemonade(L)

ReputationRep:
    Woodpeckers. Sweet cider is err.....

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.